Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand quilting floor hoop questions >

Hand quilting floor hoop questions

Hand quilting floor hoop questions

Old 03-20-2011, 06:40 PM

Yep you might want to try handquilting without a frame.....much more relaxing! I pin generously and go for it!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM

I had briefly considered a lap hoop, but since I am unable to use a lap frame for my rug hooking and rug punching, (short+round=VERY little lap LOL) I figured I would save money by not taking the pitstop at lap hoops. Plus being in a small apt, having a hoop that can stand in a corner rather than needing a table area to set it down on...
Old 03-26-2011, 11:16 AM

I also have the Jasmine easy-spinner, and I love it. I had been given a Hinterberg floor hoop, and I never could get it to stand up when I put a quilt in it, the weight made it fall over. I think it was an old design, and they may have improved it since then. I couldn't afford a new Jasmine but was lucky to find one on ebay. I also have a lap stand hoop that I love for portability, I found it on ebay also, but it is like the one they sell at Keepsake quilting. I am short also and would tell you to stay with an 18" or smaller.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:49 PM

Default Hoop

Originally Posted by Izaquilter View Post
I've come to the conclusion I am not meant to be a hand quilter! I am hoop poor because I've bought them all & I've only quilted 3 quilts by hand. I would love to do a couple more before I die but I'm just not sure if I will! I have the floor hintenberg rotating(which I would gladly sell), adjustable floor model that I bought & never used, I have a 24" quilting hoop that I've used, I have a 17" that I've used, I have 2 lap hoops I've tried using, plus I have the pvc floor model with the adjustable legs that I've used. LOL all for 3 quilts! I've been told that the Hintenber rotating hoop is suppose to be the best on the market because of the construction. I bought it, was going to use it & decided I'd use it for displaying my quilts. NOT, I don't have room to put it! But a quilting hoop is a personal preference. I prefer to machine quilt most of my quilts but I ENVY those that hand quilt. I would love to be able to be a hand quilter! Good luck!
this is the Hintenberg hoop I have. It is brand new, I still have the box it came in & is ready to find a new owner!Attachment 172299
  1. how much are you asking for the hoop? And can you please tell me how it is packaged. I'm trying to move and need to know how to pack the bottom of my hoop that I have.
  2. Thanks. Email is: [email protected]

Last edited by Beloveed1; 05-16-2021 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Words misspelled
Old 08-23-2021, 10:39 AM

I recently inherently a Jasmine Heritage Easy Spinner Floor Hoop 18” and Stand in near new condition made of solid maple. I found this, http://www.maliasneedle.com/Jasmine_hoops.htm. Unfortunately I’m a novice sewer and don’t really quilt. I’d love to find a new owner to use and appreciate it! If interest please let me know and we can chat
Old 08-24-2021, 05:09 AM

The hoop in my lap works best for me also. I'm short
Old 08-24-2021, 06:59 AM

I too have a Hinterberg floor hoop. I find myself taking it off the stand and laying on the bed with it and quilting away with it. I hand quilt say every 10 quilts or so and the rest are by machine. All quilting depends on my mood.