Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight blades....Have They Changed?

Blog Entries

Harbor Freight blades....Have They Changed?

Has any one else noticed that the rotary 45mm blades from Harbor Freight are not of the same quality they were when they first came to our attention? I had 5 pks I purchased in the fall and just opened one - well, 4 of them actually! That's 8 blades and every one simply creased the fabric! I tried 4 or 5 passes and do know that there are 2 to a pack. They used to be great, but not one of the 8 was usable! Darn! Back to Olfa for me!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Harbor Freight blades. I bought several packs last fall and I just opened the 2nd one a few weeks ago. I used the same one for weeks and weeks. I bought a new cutting mat about the same time and I think that also helped the blade to work better, a nice smoother surface. For me they have lasted lots longer than the Olfa ones. Just another opinion.

I'm happy w/my HF blades.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    Has any one else noticed that the rotary 45mm blades from Harbor Freight are not of the same quality they were when they first came to our attention? I had 5 pks I purchased in the fall and just opened one - well, 4 of them actually! That's 8 blades and every one simply creased the fabric! I tried 4 or 5 passes and do know that there are 2 to a pack. They used to be great, but not one of the 8 was usable! Darn! Back to Olfa for me!
    I had the exact same experience. I have eight more unopened packages. Big disappointment. Maybe they did used to be better. Darn!

I've also been "not as pleased" with them as with the Olfa. But, then, maybe I've not opened enough packages. Some here seem to indicate that there are some that are better than others...

I love mine, no problem at all , you know that men use them to cut carpet with so they have to be pretty darn sharp
    to cut through carpet. Did you check to be sure you only put one blade in and that they where not stuck together, as they do since they have oil on them.
    May you always have Love to Share , Health to Spare, and Friends that Care!

I tryed HF blades, I had the same problem, one package would be good but the next not so good or one blade good and the second out of the package not so good, Have never had that problem with blades made just for rotery cutters, I guess we get what we pay for.

Blog Entries
    If they are just creasing the fabric I wonder if it was a bad batch ? Could happen
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    I had the same issue as you I ordered some because every one was saying how good they were and they were horrible 1st 2 packages every blade would not even cut through left peiceces attached even on a new mat. So went back to olfa no issues just do not like $$ the cost try to buy at JoAnn's when I can get 40 or 50 % off

I bought some...and they were horrible!
    Regular name brands for me on Rotary blades.
    K
    Those are eye popping awesome!!!! Marsye

Brother Duetta, Pfaff CV 5.5, Pfaff GQ 1200 and Grace Frame

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast