Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you made a Bali Wedding Star quilt? >

Have you made a Bali Wedding Star quilt?

Have you made a Bali Wedding Star quilt?

Old 04-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Auntierah09 - I'm going to be squaring mine up! I'll be posting the updates in the thread I mentioned above!
Old 04-08-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by auntierah09 View Post
I am currently in the middle of making the "Bali Wedding Star" quilt. I'm doing an 8 x 8. I thought about doing a 7 x7, but I didn't like that the stars weren't symmetrical, so I went bigger.

I am ready to start piecing my blocks together. I'm so excited! This is definitely an expensive project, but I fell in love with this pattern the minute I saw it and I knew it was my "someday" quilt. Well, "someday" is finally here and I LOVE it! I purchased most of my fabric online. I bought 2 Bali pop sets (40 pieces each) and 2 Bali Poppy sets (20 pieces each). There were a few fabrics that I didn't particularly like, so I purchased additional batik prints at my local quilt shop to fill in. The star fabrics and background fabrics I bought at the quilt shop as well.

Before I started my "big" quilt, I made a sample 2 x 2 quilt just to familiarize myself with the process. I was very pleased with the results. I'm doing 1 color for the background. I couldn't find many white-ish/grayish colors to use for the background, so I just decided to go with one. I'll include a couple pictures... one of my 2 x 2 quilt and a couple color ring sets. I'm excited to continue the next steps of this process!

Happy quilting!
That is SPECTACULAR and yes I am shouting! One beautiful quilt top.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:15 PM

This is a beautiful pattern. You all are doing amazing work at putting it together. There are some very talented people on this board. I love seeing what everyone is working on.