Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed ..

I like to put a scripture verse on my quilt labels...oh yes, i like to point out my mistakes too, and how i covered them up an "easy way" lol lol lol

Mistakes comes to my mind too! But then they say that no quilt is perfect, and with all the sewing done on it, how could it be? Agree with the Virgo critique though.

Well, my family doesn't know anything about quilts, so I don't tell them a thing . I love being praised :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink: :wink:

I like borders but it took several quilts for me to get them to lay flat.....way to much fullness for the machine quilter to work with. A few tips from her on applying borders and I finally am getting it right.

I noticed that lately I have worked with bold colors.

Yes, I always point out my mistakes in everything I do and then get mad at myself for doing that.

Donna

Gosh, and here all this time I thought that mistake thing was my own personal signature on every quilt I make! Guess I'm not so special after all!!!!

Borders keep the seams from coming apart. I made one quilt without borders and my seams started to come apart so be sure and backstiche.

I very seldom repeat the same block in the same colors - and I sash almost always (it's the glue that pulls the multicolored blocks into a cohesive unit).

I tried to not make mistakes by deliberately putting in one obvious mistake in each quilt . . . .and if y'all are buyin' that, I got this great big ol' bridge for sale . . .

Blog Entries
    All You Guys -- Just tell them you are Amish. The Amish believe that only God is perfect; therefore they put in a mistake on purpose!! :D :wink: :wink: :mrgreen:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast