Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ordered from Marshall Dry Goods? >

Have you ordered from Marshall Dry Goods?

Have you ordered from Marshall Dry Goods?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Default Have you ordered from Marshall Dry Goods?

I am looking for fabric on line and found a fabric warehouse and/or store named Marshall Dry Goods Co. Inc. Has anyone purchased fabric from them and if so, would you do it again? Are the colors of the fabric as nice and bright as those shown on line? The prices seem very reasonable and they really have a great selection of fabric in the 108' in width. Just checking before I place an order.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 PM

I was there two years ago and purchased in person. GREAT STORE!!!! I bought enough fabric to cover the back end of my Jeep Grand Cherokee 8" deep for a little less than $300. All the fabric was good quality.

I don't know about online but I know if you're there in person and want a lot of fabric Marshall will make you a good deal on it. I bought 20 yds of some fabric with Bears on it and he let me have it for only $2 a yard. When we go to Texas later on this year I'm planning on stopping there again.

You're only about 7 hours from Batesville, Ar. Marshall's isn't hard to find. If I were that close I'd be going at least 3-4 times a year. After I shopped in the main warehouse the clerk directed me to a warehouse across the parking lot that had a round red sign on the door where all the fabric is $1 a lb. They're seconds. Some are misdyed and are absolutely great. Because of different dyes fading in and out you can get several completely different yet coordinating fabrics on one bolt. Remember to take them off the bolts---I didn't. lol One lb of fabric is about 4 yds.

Last edited by raptureready; 02-04-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 PM

Thank you for responding. You have given me the information I was looking for. Sounds like I need to plan a trip in the very near future. Thank goodness I drive a full size car with a lare trunk. LOL
Old 02-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Power Poster

I live about two hours away from them. Stick with the quality name brands and it will be quilt shop quality. Every time I go there I see lots of quilt shop owners buying a van full of bolts for their shop from Ok, Tx, Missouri. They sell all the name brands except Moda or Hoffman. I haven't seen those brand there. I have started to buy by the bolt. I buy the 8 yard bolt for less then $3 a yard. The bolts have 8 to 18 yards. The off the bolt yardage is higher in price but still a bargain. They are super nice folks and will do everything to help you find what you want.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:20 PM

I have been buying from them for over 7 years, all over the internet. Absolutely fantastic prices and service. I've never had one problem with them and spend about $100 with each purchase, just because I can't resist.

If I could travel I would shop there in a heartbeat as I know from other friends that the bargains in person are phenomenal.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:07 AM

I have purchased from them once. I ordered a baby panel, from their site. For some reason, they never recieved the order. I finally called and a pleasent man answered and appologized and took my order. It was a Friday. I still had not recieved it and called back. The pleasent gentleman says that it was busy and he had forgotten to put my order through. When I finally recieved the panel, I was very happy the panel was quite nice and they were going to give me a 15 % discount off my next order. I would order from them again.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:34 PM

I have been there twice and loved every minute. My friend and I filled the back end of a Rav 4. Great prices and we plan to make another trip.