Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In! >

Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In!

Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In!

Old 10-04-2010, 01:33 PM

sigh.... I'm all in to the PITY PARTY too!!
I'm making a square yo yo quilt ( all in purples and lavenders) been gradually buying the colors I find in bargin bins, etc. DH finially sat down and did the math on how many more squares I needed......but in the mess of my sewing room , I lost the list. I had been keeping any new squares separated so I could keep a running count... but since I have been looking for the list of # for a week, I gave up and just piled all my squares together and went back to sewing.... a few min later.. I found the list!.... sigh..... My sweet hubby went thru the entire stack and resorted my count.. YEA!!!!! 80 more Squares!!!!! off to purple/lavender hunt tomorrow!!!! I want this thing done by christmas!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

If all else fails, eat chocolate!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:10 PM

I'm so sorry....I've done similar things and felt like slapping myself silly. And the glazed look that you get when you try to vent to a non-quilter is the icing on the cake.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
If all else fails, eat chocolate!
AMEN!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:42 PM

That's why I just have dogs. They at least pretend to listen. And they are always good for a kiss or two. A couple weeks ago I found a 1/2 yard of airplane fabric I thought I would use for a quilts for kids project. I measured and calculated that I had enough for the # of squares I needed, and cut away. Got to the last 4 inches and didn't have enough for another row. When I rechecked everything, I found I had laid the ruler on the wrong line and made the first row too big. I'll never find that fabric again because it has been in my stash for years. Oh, well, live and learn.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
That's why I just have dogs. They at least pretend to listen. And they are always good for a kiss or two. A couple weeks ago I found a 1/2 yard of airplane fabric I thought I would use for a quilts for kids project. I measured and calculated that I had enough for the # of squares I needed, and cut away. Got to the last 4 inches and didn't have enough for another row. When I rechecked everything, I found I had laid the ruler on the wrong line and made the first row too big. I'll never find that fabric again because it has been in my stash for years. Oh, well, live and learn.
Well, I feel your pain. After I posted this, I cut another strip wrong! It's like once you make a stupid mistake it throws off your concentration and you can't do anything right. I put all of it away. I'll "play" with it tomorrow when I'm fresh. (And given son a good tongue lashing!)
Old 10-04-2010, 03:49 PM

The silver lining is that you could get more of the fabric. I made a mistake two years or more after I purchased a kit only to realize I couldn't find more of the fabric. It gave me an excuse to go to more quilt shops looking for it! I found other good stuff but not the fabric I needed. In the end I had to add a creative alternative! Good luck with your project.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

I've only made 1 kit quilt, lots of extra fabric but, I don't want to do any more.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Ooooh, Pity party!!! I'll be there in a few minutes because I excel at those!!

{{Hugs}} I'm sorry you're having problems. Hang in there, tomorrow will be a better day!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:08 PM

I have cut things wrong many times or ran short of fabric. Sorry you had a problem.