Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In! >

Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In!

Havin' a Pity Party...Come On In!

Old 10-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

Been there, done that...have the whole wardrobe for it! I'm all in.....So sorry that happened to you!

And we sometimes say, Some days you're the statue, some days you're the pigeon....
Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 AM

When I tell my husband I messed up on some thing the first thing he says is "Did you read the inst?" DUH no I just started cutting He makes me so mad like he never messed up So I go get a glass of wine go back to my sewing room and come up with something and when I finish and I show it to him he always say that is beautiful and I say it turned out so good I am glad I didn't read the inst? lol
I understand how you feel but hang in there it real probably end up being your favorite quilt.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by grann of 6
That's why I just have dogs. They at least pretend to listen. And they are always good for a kiss or two. A couple weeks ago I found a 1/2 yard of airplane fabric I thought I would use for a quilts for kids project. I measured and calculated that I had enough for the # of squares I needed, and cut away. Got to the last 4 inches and didn't have enough for another row. When I rechecked everything, I found I had laid the ruler on the wrong line and made the first row too big. I'll never find that fabric again because it has been in my stash for years. Oh, well, live and learn.
Publish picture. I may have it. Does it have a royal blue background? I've had mine for years also...
Here is a picture of my miscut fabric. It is Timeless Treasures, but that's all I have. And by the way for the pity party, I have to drink wine, because I get migraines from chocolate.

Oh my gosh! Chocolate causing migraines sounds like you need a pity party for that too!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Maybe you can post a pic of the fabric in it's own topic, I bet someone here has a piece to share with you :D:D:D
Old 10-05-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Man! It must be something in the air! So sorry you are having this problem. I recently bought a kit, which is something I don't often do. Was at our DS's over the weekend and as I was cutting it out, I miscut...thought OH, NO! Well, turns out, even if I had not made the mistake, I wouldn't have had enough to cut as the directions instructed. Then other fabric had way over what I needed! Good Grief! I had done a shop hop in Rochester, NY area on Friday and Saturday, but of course I got to this on Sunday when the shops weren't open, so I called the Ben Franklin back in PA where I got it and they didn't have any left. Called another near where I live and they had some, but couldn't get it until I got back to PA. DRAT! So, I got it after work today. Just hate that I had to spend more on the kit when it was all supposed to be there.

Glad to know that I am not alone in my woes! Bring on the chocolate!!!!!!!
Just to let you know, I have ordered a keg for this pitty party. Did I mention it is full of Chocolate syrup? Break out the ice cream! :idea:
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Just to let you know, I have ordered a keg for this pitty party. Did I mention it is full of Chocolate syrup? Break out the ice cream! :idea:

Oh wow!!!!!!! Ice cream with chocolate syrup...hmmm....maybe warm the syrup and add some peanut butter??? I'm in either way!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Old 10-05-2010, 04:08 PM

You guys are the bestest! All your sympathy really, really helped. I went back this morning and snitched some of the girls from the 2nd quilt (I ordered another yard of that sucker!) and managed to sew all 18 of the little girl blocks! Now on to the stars...
Old 10-05-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
You guys are the bestest! All your sympathy really, really helped. I went back this morning and snitched some of the girls from the 2nd quilt (I ordered another yard of that sucker!) and managed to sew all 18 of the little girl blocks! Now on to the stars...
You go girl!!!!! Way to persevere!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:35 PM

wine will do.