Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heads up for Walmart sale fabric

I bought bunches of Christmas fabric ranging in price from 61 cents/yd to $1.11/yd. Wow, wow, wow.

Blog Entries
    From Walmart today, I purchased some Christmas panels for a quilt and some fall fabric today for a family tree I want to make. Great deals!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanTx
    I bought bunches of Christmas fabric ranging in price from 61 cents/yd to $1.11/yd. Wow, wow, wow.
    These mark downs are on the regular fabrics not just the Christmas!

Blog Entries
    If anyone likes the $5.00 bolts from Walmart, ours in Kingsport, TN on Ft. Henry Drive had a huge display this evening. It looked really nice and had some rather pretty patterns, mostly floral and babies/childrens. I almost bought some but I am going to the quilt shop in Jonesborough tomorrow and need to save my money.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    If anyone likes the $5.00 bolts from Walmart, ours in Kingsport, TN on Ft. Henry Drive had a huge display this evening. It looked really nice and had some rather pretty patterns, mostly floral and babies/childrens. I almost bought some but I am going to the quilt shop in Jonesborough tomorrow and need to save my money.
    The one in JC has a TON of the $5.00 bolts. We have one 'dump bin' full but it will be full for a long time - as it sells we keep filling it up with what we have.

Also a LOT of mark downs on our regular fabric that we carry, not just the seasonal yardages.

Happy shopping!

I noticed today that the Walmart in Hanover on the Golden Mile had a lot more fleece and cotton "quilter's cotton" they called it! Later in the morning paper I also saw there is a Target to open in July and maybe a Hobby Lobby. MAYBE that is why the fabric is getting nicer!

I do know Walmart fired the guy who had the bright idea of getting rid of the fabric department. I'm torn about them bringing it fabric back since the mom and pop stores have stepped up to the plate in my area to provide fabric and notions beyond what Walmart would think of offering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2