Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help find a good Large-Throat space sewing machine

I'm looking for a good sewing machine that has a large throat pace. No smaller than 9" but want large. Have looked into the new Horizon by Janome. Just a little to high. Are there any ya'll can suggest that has the decorative stitches, etc. like the horizon? But the cost a little cheaper? I've tied checking online, but found not all will give the throat-space size. Needs to be a good sturdy machine too. Thanks in advance to all of you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Prayerquilter
    I'm looking for a good sewing machine that has a large throat pace. No smaller than 9" but want large. Have looked into the new Horizon by Janome. Just a little to high. Are there any ya'll can suggest that has the decorative stitches, etc. like the horizon? But the cost a little cheaper? I've tied checking online, but found not all will give the throat-space size. Needs to be a good sturdy machine too. Thanks in advance to all of you for your help.
    You can get a Janome 6600 or 6500 for much cheaper than the Horizon. There's not much difference between the 6600 and the Horizon...just a bit bigger throat plate ( and the 6600 already has a 9 ) and more stitches.

Thanks I'll keep them in mind. But do you know of any that has the larger space like the Horizon... Would really like the 11" clearance...

Maybe the Elna version of the Horizon..you may be able to get it for a few hundred less. But, a lot less for that throat space-nope.

I'd investigate Jukis. It depends on what else you want. The upper level fancy machines with the throat plate and stitches like the Horizon will be insanely expensive. Now if you want a straight stitch industrial machine with a large throat plate, they are out there.

Blog Entries
    I don't know how much the Janome is, but you might want to check out the Viking Sapphires. The 835 will be the lower price of the models. I have the 830 (previous model) and love it!

You might look at some of the Pfaff's as well.

Janome 6600! Had mine two and a half years, never had a problem, quilts king size, pieces immaculately, so pleased with it.

I, too, have Janome 6600 and so far love it! Have only had it since early November but have been sewing like mad with it since :-)

I have had the 6600 for almost a year and LOVE it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast