Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help find picture and instructions.

thur or Friday Feb 24th or 25th I saw a loud plain fabric quilt with instructions. I have looked and looked but cant find it again. You cut the piece of material (block) up. Really would like to make it. Maybe a Crazy 9 patch? Thanks

Blog Entries
    You might mean a Disappearing Nine Patch (D9P). I can't recall any plain color ones. Mine was posted recently. It was loud, but far from plain. Put D9P in the search and check out the responses. Several responses do include tutorials with pictures on how to do the cutting.

Blog Entries
    look in My Posts if you did a reply in that one or look in Watched Topics. or recent ones.

I believe it was a Crazy 9 patch using bright solids. She shows how to cut and sew it.

I don't recall seeing it here but I've done one that you stack up nine squares and cut across once randomly. Take one piece from the bottom and put it on top. Now slice again randomly. Take one piece from the bottom and put it on top. Slice again. I think you do this 4 times in order to get 9 different pieces. The pattern I have says to rejoin every time you cut but I think you can cut all at one time, provided you don't get your layers mixed up! Be sure to remember that seam allowances need to come off of your pieces so give yourself room for those when you decide where to slice.

I haven't looked for this pattern online but it's called a Crazy 9 Patch and is similar to stack and whack.

There is also the Crazy Shortcut quilt - or maybe it was Shortcut Crazy Quilt.

12 block Shortcut Crazy Quilt - very poorly displayed
    Name:  Attachment-121051.jpe
Views: 73
Size:  81.4 KB

I think this may be the disappearing 9 patch. There is also a disappearing pinwheel and a disappearing 4 patch. Google it.

I was very surprised to see that a National well known quilter came out with a pattern for sale, I emailed to let her know that it is FREE on the Internet..she said she does it different..also she was on a cover of a book eating a wheat bread sandwich, I emailed her again and advised her that they didn't have wheat bread back when....

the first 2 quilts i ever made were made like this..loved doing them..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast