Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help! First Quilt Ever! Part 2 >
  • Help! First Quilt Ever! Part 2

• Help! First Quilt Ever! Part 2

Old 01-16-2015, 04:29 PM

Woody took the words just out of my mouth. I put each cut block on a paper plate and stack the plates up. You will be good. Just Do It!
    Old 01-16-2015, 06:44 PM

I love the fabrics you selected and hope you post a pic when it is all done.
    Old 01-16-2015, 09:19 PM

Fabric.com just took 3 weeks to mail me the 1st part of my order...not happy. They said the SAME thing to me, and that was after I ordered it at one price 1.99 and it went up to 6.98.
    Good going on your triangles! STARCH STARCH STARCH I'd recommend.
    Old 01-17-2015, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by woody
    Great job so far. When I arrange the triangles into blocks I use a big stack of paper plates. I arrange them the way I want and they all stay on their individual paper plates until I have the 2 halves ready to put on the design wall.
    I keep cardboard squares 12 x 12 from scrapbooking supplies. I place each block on a square and stack.
    Go Aszule, Go!
    Old 01-17-2015, 02:48 AM

You are doing great! Your quilt will be beautiful. I personally never had any problems with triangles, even as a beginner quilter, and I am sure that your experience will be just fine, because you are not letting doubts to take top priority.
    Reminds me of a brand new quilter in a class I once took. She had shown us some inset seams she had done on her own before class, reading some instructions in a complicated pattern. Everyone was impressed, exclaiming how they still haven't mastered inset seams after many years or they are terrified of doing them. The new quilter said simply, "I had no idea I was supposed to be afraid! Now I never will be."
    Old 01-17-2015, 06:42 AM

Make sure you carefully starch them (better yet, Best Press is very good) and iron slowly. I use spray starch on them except if you already starched the fabric before you cut. Beautiful fabric and you go girl with the cancellation of the fabric.
    Old 01-17-2015, 06:50 AM

I just got that same fabric from Joanns. I am going to make a "space" quilt for my nephew. I thought the fabric was awesome too.

Not familiar w/ "one block wonder" but those look like 60' triangles are you doing something kalideoscope w/ them?
    Old 01-17-2015, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by woody
    Great job so far. When I arrange the triangles into blocks I use a big stack of paper plates. I arrange them the way I want and they all stay on their individual paper plates until I have the 2 halves ready to put on the design wall.
    That is a good idea, I've read about that on here before but forgot about when I was doing a OBW. Hope it stick in my brain this time.
    Old 01-17-2015, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
    You are doing great! Your quilt will be beautiful. I personally never had any problems with triangles, even as a beginner quilter, and I am sure that your experience will be just fine, because you are not letting doubts to take top priority.
    Reminds me of a brand new quilter in a class I once took. She had shown us some inset seams she had done on her own before class, reading some instructions in a complicated pattern. Everyone was impressed, exclaiming how they still haven't mastered inset seams after many years or they are terrified of doing them. The new quilter said simply, "I had no idea I was supposed to be afraid! Now I never will be."
    That is what I am counting on. Counting on my beginner naiveté to carry me through!
    Old 01-17-2015, 08:50 PM

They saved nothing at all since they spent their time arguing with you.