Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! First Quilt Ever! Part 2 >

Help! First Quilt Ever! Part 2

Help! First Quilt Ever! Part 2

Old 01-18-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by woody View Post
Great job so far. When I arrange the triangles into blocks I use a big stack of paper plates. I arrange them the way I want and they all stay on their individual paper plates until I have the 2 halves ready to put on the design wall.
That is a great idea! I arrange mine in stacks but the plates, which you can stack, is inspired thinking! Thanks for this.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:18 AM

I absolutely agree with your insistence on canceling the order before it is mailed since you knew you no longer wanted it. I also understand that some people (the clerk you were dealing with) get into a mind set (or instructions from a superior) and can't see the logic of your request. Glad you got it resolved satisfactorily!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:33 AM

You do know that the hardest part of a one block wonder is arranging all the blocks, right? You lay them out and then --- Oh, I should move this one here -- Then this one should go here -- maybe this one will look better here -- ..... I arrange them, then take a picture with camera or phone, then do my rearranging taking a picture each time. Then it is easier to go back to an earlier arrangement!! Enjoy!! Ann
Old 01-18-2015, 10:22 PM

This is the layout I have decided on. Sorry the picture is blurry. I have started sewing the half-hexagons to each other in strips. I've got 5 rows done. My boyfriend helped me layout the blocks. He has a great artistic eye.
Attached Thumbnails img_20150118_195423_260-1-.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sew Freak View Post
I'm curious about this thread.....did you place your order via the internet or over the phone? I used to be able to place an order over the phone (about a year or so ago) but the last time I tried to place an order I was told it had to be thru the internet? how do you all order from them?
I ordered online, and then used their "chat" function to talk to a CS rep.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=twinkie;7052598]I am an experienced quilter (not an excellant one) but I do think it would have taken me a lot longer to cut all those triangles. Probably 3.5 hours to match up the strips for a OBW so I would have a repeat pattern. Good luck to you.

Twinkie... I used a technique called stack and wack... its pretty simple

This tutorial is super helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vusz5Rx5tkQ
Old 01-19-2015, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
You must be having a great time... especially if you stayed up till wee hours in the morning cutting triangles. I was like that when I first started quilting... but now I get up at the crack of dawn instead. I feel much more bright-eyed after a cup of coffee. : )
Yes, I was having fun, but I am also a bit of a night owl
Old 02-04-2015, 08:08 AM

I finished my quilt!

Check it out here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...n-t260772.html