Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Help!! me with my dilemma???

Temple, TX (Transplanted from New York 2010)
    Good Evening Every1,

I hope that all is well with you & your families. I have a little dilemma. I am using a water soluble marking pen, to draw my stitching lines on my 3 1/2" blocks. My question is how would you remove the lines. I have tried several different spray bottles & they made a BIG MESS. I have also tried a wash cloth with the same result. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am wondering if there is a great gadget out there that I don't know about yet... :lol: :lol: Thanks for all of your help in advance.

Have a blessed day.

debra

Are you SURE you're using a water soluble marking pen??? I've not heard of one making a mess. I just spritz mine with a spray bottle and they disappear. Sometimes it take a few spritzes...... Good luck!

Blog Entries
    I use a small container of water and a Q-tip. Just run the wet swab oveer the lines, no need to spray or make a big mess on your quilt.

Are you marking on the wrong side of your blocks? If you are, then you don't necessarily need to remove them.
    OR are these stitching lines for quilting?

I have always just sprayed my blocks with a little water and they disappear. What kind of pen are you using? The one I use the most is made by Collins.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn't make a mess if it is water soluble.

Quote Originally Posted by scraphq
    I use a small container of water and a Q-tip. Just run the wet swab oveer the lines, no need to spray or make a big mess on your quilt.
    I do the same. No issues.

what kind of a mess???
    do not iron on the marks-
    and when the quilt is done- wash it- they should all disappear. as long as you haven't (heat set) them.
    we do not know what you mean by making a mess- water erase pens generally just disappear when spritzed with water---where is the (mess)?

Junior Member The Ivory Thimble's Avatar
    I just did the same thing. I tried to spritz it and it disappeared but as it dried there was blue smudges all over the area. I just ignored it until I was done. It all washed out. Don't worry about it as long as it was the correct marker.

ditto :)
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Are you SURE you're using a water soluble marking pen??? I've not heard of one making a mess. I just spritz mine with a spray bottle and they disappear. Sometimes it take a few spritzes...... Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast