Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Decide.....

Right now my sewing "studio" (I like that word) is on the main level of our house. I'll include one picture here, so you can get an idea. The room is about 11x11 with 2 great windows.

We have a bedroom downstairs in our finished basement that is about 18 or 20 x 12 that can be mine if I want it.

Part of me would love the much larger space, but hate the idea of painting it (it's smurf blue right now, used to be DD's room) and moving all that stuff out and my stuff down. Also wonder if I will miss all the natural light.

The other part of me wavering on making a decision is I don't know how long we will be staying in this house. We would like to stay at least 3 more years, but with me still not getting steady work, that may not happen.

Help me decide please :)

robin

current room
    Name:  Attachment-210454.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  30.3 KB

Blog Entries
    The room you have looks beautiful. I think I would go for the natural light over the extra room. Face it,you could always sneak some fabrics and books down there for more space upstairs-we'll never tell on you!

Plus-I know if I go up & down stairs too much it bothers my knees. Don't know how old you are but I'm not 50 (yet!) so this is also something to think about.

Me personally, if its not a permanent move, I wouldn't do it, its a lot of work to paint and move all that stuff if you don't know if you will be there long. If you were in a more permanent situation I would do it just for the bigger space.

Your studio is beautiful. I love to have a window to look out once in awhile and love the natural light. In the basement, you would only have artificial lighting and I do think you would miss the daylight, I know I would. Good luck.

Kas
    I would go with the natural light.

Power Poster
    I like being on the main floor.

Blog Entries
    i vote for the current studio. as another poster said, you can use some of the downstairs for extra storage. the light upstairs is wonderful

See you girls are all thinking the same way as I am....I've had this debate with myself before and you can see where it got me LOL

robin

See you girls are all thinking the same way as I am....I've had this debate with myself before and you can see where it got me LOL

robin

I would keep the same room. Especially if it is further away. That is alot of work.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast