Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with pricing used Long arm

Help with pricing used Long arm

I came across this:

http://huntington.craigslist.org/art/3001595433.html

A "Design a Quilt" quilting machine and frame for $800. That seems like a really good deal to me, but I know nothing about them. I couldn't afford even at that price, but if it's cheap enough , Mother in law will buy it and share it with me (lives 2 minutes away), yay!!!!! (Did I mention I love her?)

She's quilted for 40+ years, but she doesn't know anything about them either. It looks kind of older to me? Or do they all have that "look" about them?

Oh, I will just die if we get it!!!!!!

Umm....I found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0132644AAGEBcT

Which says:

Mr. Puckett evidently had a nervous breakdown after some business problems. He was being sued because his machines caught fire, so he threw bleach on a 6500.00 quilt at a quilt show. If you go to the Design-a-Quilt website, it appears they are now just an ad site, but they do have an email address that might get you closer to finding the equipment you want. designaq@apex.net

Obviously factories are using some kind of binding equipment, but as crafters we do ours by hand so we wouldn't really know where to get machines to do it for you.

Unquote!!!!!!

This was in response a question about a binding machine but also said he owned "Design a Quilt"

Blog Entries
    Maybe the owner can answer your questions
    Last edited by AshleyR; 05-30-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    i think the big problem here is that if he is no longer in business, you won't get any type of support or be able to purchase replacement parts. just my thoughts....

and, as someone who knows a little somthin' somthin' about products liability...age has nothing to do with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
    i think the big problem here is that if he is no longer in business, you won't get any type of support or be able to purchase replacement parts. just my thoughts....

and, as someone who knows a little somthin' somthin' about products liability...age has nothing to do with it.
    I learn something new every day!

there is still a used LA/frame here on the board in the for sale section....$600.....and is in Kentucky!

yes if they are out of business you are out of luck on parts or repairs,etc
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

yes if they are out of business you are out of luck on parts or repairs,etc here is the link for the one for sale on here http://www.quiltingboard.com/items-s...e-t189430.html
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

The one pictured is NOT a long arm, but a short arm. You could put any short arm machine on a frame and it would give you the same headaches.

Thanks, everyone! That one is nicer, more modern even if it's not a long arm. But,the Cincinatti area is 6-8 hours from me, a little too far right now. Thanks, anyway. I'm still waiting on mother in law to get here to talk to her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast