Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help thread keeps breaking >

Help thread keeps breaking

Help thread keeps breaking

Old 02-03-2012, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
I can't speak for virtual beanie but I do use Isacord Polyester Embroidery thread for quilting on my Innova Longarm and it is wonderful thread for quilting. I am sure it would work equally well for quilting on a DSM. I would not recommend using it for piecing. It is a 40wt thread so too heavy for piecing.
I've been piecing with it and it's not too thick/heavy. I also use Aurifil but I haven't tried to fm with it and it is a 50 wt thread. If you find you are having problems with your 1/4" seams then switch but so far I haven't had a problem.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
I've been piecing with it and it's not too thick/heavy. I also use Aurifil but I haven't tried to fm with it and it is a 50 wt thread. If you find you are having problems with your 1/4" seams then switch but so far I haven't had a problem.
I need to explain this statement better I just started using Isacord and it IS wonderful for fmq. I normally use Aurifil for piecing but I forgot to change out the thread when I started a new project and haven't had a problem with my 1/4" seams. That being said, I do recommend a thinner 50 wt thread. Funny, I didn't even realize I was using the thicker thread until Feline Fanatic pointed it out
Old 02-03-2012, 03:26 PM

Good Luck and I know it can be frustrating when trying to FMQ and things are not working as they should. If you tried everything and still no good luck bring the machine in for service.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

You can piece and quilt with any type thread. I'm the type that doesn't follow with 'you have to' when it comes to quilting.