Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help! what do you do when your bobbin thread runs out!?!?

Question Help! what do you do when your bobbin thread runs out!?!?

I have a Janome 1600p on a 10' grace quilting frame, I like to think I can short arm or whatever its called haha...I am working on a big queen size t-shirt quilt and when my bobbin thread runs out what am I supposed to do? Like backstitch (I never see the bobbin run out until I'm out of thread)? Or try tie it of and start new? Or just start new on my same stitch line and cross over the old one so it won't unravel? Please help me I'm soo worried about it... :'-( Thanks a million!
    LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE

I simply do a few small stitches over the line that ran out of bobbin thread.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    I simply do a few small stitches over the line that ran out of bobbin thread.
    Perfect! now I don't feel worried since that's what I have been doing thanks!
    LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE

I usually pick out the last 5 or 6 stitches, tie top and bottom threads, and bury the knot. It's not much more time consuming than burying the knot when I start the stitching, and I've decided I like that better than stitching in place. However, sometimes I'm in a hurry, and the quilt isn't that "special" - so I stitch over the previous stitches and go on.

wow i have the same set up. i just tie that off and then when i reload bobbin i start
    from that point where left off. did you get your set up at mrs. blows? me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joset View Post
    wow i have the same set up. i just tie that off and then when i reload bobbin i start
    from that point where left off. did you get your set up at mrs. blows? me too.
    -Yes my set up is from Blow's Sew N Vac in Fargo, ND. I bought it used from a gal who didn't want it anymore it was just 4 years old. I started quilting in January so I am still figuring out some things haha..
    LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE