Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Here's what I did on National Quilting Day

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful gift Jan and a great story... thank you for sharing with all of us.

You rock, Jan!!!! :-)
    Laura

Here are a few warm words from your technophobic friend in northern Virginia. I suspect we are both from the era where the only time-saving technology was an IBM Selectric. We've come a long way, baby. YOU have, anyway. I'm still lagging behind. Loved reading your post. So many quilters do some lovely things for other people but don't get much credit for it. And how nice you had your mother to participate with you. I haven't had my mother for many years. I enjoy all your posts and replies. I'm not shy. Just don't know which button to push.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by applique View Post
    II am just one of the many who helped with your last donation of quilts to Afghanistan. I made a food quilt with hamburger, fries, pizza etc. It was a very rewarding experience. Thank you once again for all your efforts!
    I remember this quilt!!
    That Barracks Quilts project was so demanding, so rewarding, and such a blessing to the men and the quilters who so generously participated. Every one of those men came home safely and sound at the end of their tour, praise God!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

What a wonderful story! Thank you to you, your mother, and all involved for making quilts for the soldiers.

Jan, I just saw a news clip on FOX News tonight at 10 pm about this quilt and you speaking about it. What a wonderful thing you and your friends did. Thanks for sharing.
    MaryB

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6