Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81

Thread: How did this happen...

  1. #11
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    19,177
    It's good to start off the year with a tidy sewing room. Just keep folding and putting it into colour families on your shelves. If you have more fabrics than you thought, go to your idea file and see what future quilts you can make from the extras. If the pieces are big, see if they will work for backs of currents projects.

  2. #12
    Super Member luvstoquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Yorkville, IL
    Posts
    3,149
    Blog Entries
    1
    OMG!! I have a "twin". I really believe I love fabric more than I love quilting. Please, please get my name!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

    Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

  3. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    S. Texas
    Posts
    1,110
    Today I was looking for a certain pattern and ended up organizing them and circle filing some of them. I hope it makes it easier to find them now. I never did find the one I wanted.

  4. #14
    Senior Member ksdot417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    Today I was looking for a certain pattern and ended up organizing them and circle filing some of them. I hope it makes it easier to find them now. I never did find the one I wanted.
    I feel your pain. Have you ever bought a pattern and then found the same pattern when you got home? After doing it a few times I made a spread sheet of my patterns so I could check to make sure I didn't already have it. Of course, if I have so many patterns that I can't keep track of them, maybe I should quit buying them. But then, where's the fun in that, right?

  5. #15
    Senior Member SUZAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fowlerville, MI
    Posts
    686
    Ohhhh, that makes me want to sign up for the secret pal swap again...LOL

  6. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    3,605
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas. I am organizing my stash and every new hint helps. Right now, I have most of my fabric in large clear rubbermaid bins wrapped on the plastic boards from MILate. I am planning to get some cabinents with doors so I can store the fabric without opening all the plastic containers when I am looking for something.

  7. #17
    Super Member Sunnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, PA area
    Posts
    1,237
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by serenitybygrace View Post
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas. I am organizing my stash and every new hint helps. Right now, I have most of my fabric in large clear rubbermaid bins wrapped on the plastic boards from MILate. I am planning to get some cabinents with doors so I can store the fabric without opening all the plastic containers when I am looking for something.
    I had most of my older stash in the clear bins...that's where most of the surprises were found. Now I only have 3 bins with new fabric, 3 bins of scraps, 1 bin of leftover binding, and 1 of scrap battings. I used my label maker to ID all of them. Progress.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

  8. #18
    Senior Member ksdot417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    I had most of my older stash in the clear bins...that's where most of the surprises were found. Now I only have 3 bins with new fabric, 3 bins of scraps, 1 bin of leftover binding, and 1 of scrap battings. I used my label maker to ID all of them. Progress.
    Aren't label makers wonderful! I don't think I could exist without one.

  9. #19
    Super Member SouthPStitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    So Plymouth, NY
    Posts
    2,127
    It's funny and almost frightening at the same time. Last time I organized and took stock of my stash, I had NO idea I had that much fabric. From the looks of your sewing room, and it's looking very tidy to me, I have twice as much fabric, and that's honestly, not boasting. I'm thinking I may not live long enough to use it all. My best friend and fabric enabler kept/keeps encouraging saying "we're saving (fabric) for our retirement". Well, mine starts 3/31/12. Time to start using more and buying less.

  10. #20
    Super Member butterflies5518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,997
    I spent Friday visiting 3 LQS and didn't realize till today how much I have accumulated! Already did my first project for 2012 - new pillow cases for my bed. Now to chose new patterns for all that fabric. Happy New Year and to lots of sewing/quilting - Cheers!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.