Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: How do you organize/store your sewing machine feet?

Organize???? what's that mean?????? :mrgreen: Actually, I toss all my feet in a small wicker basket I got for $.10 at a thrift store. Works for me!

Joann's has some small craft boxes that work great and I have one for each of my machines (5)

Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    I have had them all tossed togheter in a box.. but recently got on a organzing zpree, because honesly , some of the feet I could not remermber what they were for...
    I bought some tool organziners. I bought about 10 of these things. I have one for buttons, one for sequins, one for beads, etc, and one for sewing feet... The size of the " squares " are changable by little dividers that slide in and out. making the squares longer. I made labels for all my feet and taped the label into the bottom of each square. I love it... so far it's the best thing I have done in my sewing room!!!
    Wow! That's a great idea! :-P

I HAVE A CLEAR PLASTIC BOX THAT I GOT AT HARBOR FREIGHT WITH SEVERAL COMPARTMENT IN IT. JUST OPEN THE LID AND THERE THEY ALL ARE. ON TOP OF THE LID..JUST OVER THE SQUARE COMPARTMENT I WRITE WHAT FOOT IT IS. WORKS GREAT.

All in the front of my machine.

I have the feet that came with my machine and my quarter inch piecing foot in the storage compartment of my machine. I keep other feet that I have purchased in the top drawer of my sewing machine cabinet. I leave them in the packaging with the instructions because some of them I use so seldom that I need the pictures/instructions. I have a list of all my feet in the bottom of my sewing machine compartment. The LQS I occasionally take classes at is very good about telling us ahead of time about any specialty feet we might need in the class. If I need to take another foot I can just toss it into my sewing basket.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4