Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you organize/store your sewing machine feet?

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    You might try a crafts store that sells beads. There are so many options for storing beads. Also try the aisle where the embroidery floss and perle cotton thread is sold. One more idea is to ask the clerk or associate where else they might have storage containers for small items.

Walmart sells a labeler with tape that is pretty affordable and looks very neat and organized. I have labeled all the storage containers in my studio with one. I do suggest that you use the white tape. The clear does not work for me because the background shows through and it's hard to read.

Mine are in the litlle plastic box that came with the machine and all the feet were included in the price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have separate boxes for the different types of sewing I do. There's a box of machine embroidery things and the machine embroidery foot is in there. There's a box for my quilting things and the quilting feet are in there. Then there's a box for regular sewing, and that's where all the rest of the machine feet live.

Blog Entries
    Mine are resting more or less comfortably under the foot tray in the machine. Except the walking foot. I think I will get an accessory box to keep all the goodies handy.

Sew many great ideas here! Thanks!

Organize???? what's that mean?????? :mrgreen: Actually, I toss all my feet in a small wicker basket I got for $.10 at a thrift store. Works for me!

Joann's has some small craft boxes that work great and I have one for each of my machines (5)

Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    I have had them all tossed togheter in a box.. but recently got on a organzing zpree, because honesly , some of the feet I could not remermber what they were for...
    I bought some tool organziners. I bought about 10 of these things. I have one for buttons, one for sequins, one for beads, etc, and one for sewing feet... The size of the " squares " are changable by little dividers that slide in and out. making the squares longer. I made labels for all my feet and taped the label into the bottom of each square. I love it... so far it's the best thing I have done in my sewing room!!!
    Wow! That's a great idea! :-P

I HAVE A CLEAR PLASTIC BOX THAT I GOT AT HARBOR FREIGHT WITH SEVERAL COMPARTMENT IN IT. JUST OPEN THE LID AND THERE THEY ALL ARE. ON TOP OF THE LID..JUST OVER THE SQUARE COMPARTMENT I WRITE WHAT FOOT IT IS. WORKS GREAT.

Power Poster
    All in the front of my machine.

I have the feet that came with my machine and my quarter inch piecing foot in the storage compartment of my machine. I keep other feet that I have purchased in the top drawer of my sewing machine cabinet. I leave them in the packaging with the instructions because some of them I use so seldom that I need the pictures/instructions. I have a list of all my feet in the bottom of my sewing machine compartment. The LQS I occasionally take classes at is very good about telling us ahead of time about any specialty feet we might need in the class. If I need to take another foot I can just toss it into my sewing basket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2