Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: How many Accu go cutter dies needed

Do you all machine applique the ones that are applique die cuts or do you just use the fusible. I am always afraid they will not stay when washed. Just want your experienced opinions.

I have a queston about my accut It says you have to place your fabric perpendiclure to die what does that mean.no where can I find out where in my directons can i find info on laying fabric on this except folding it to cut more than one layer. Do you lay it on the bias or stright grain?

Quote Originally Posted by quilter53
    Do you all machine applique the ones that are applique die cuts or do you just use the fusible. I am always afraid they will not stay when washed. Just want your experienced opinions.
    If you plan to wash you do need to sew them down. At least that's my packages of steam a seam say. I usually use the fancy double stitch that looks like hand embroidery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmarieodya
    It says you have to place your fabric perpendiclure to die what does that mean.
    I'm pretty bad about just putting my fabric any which way it fits. So far it's not been a problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmarieodya
    I have a queston about my accut It says you have to place your fabric perpendiclure to die what does that mean.no where can I find out where in my directons can i find info on laying fabric on this except folding it to cut more than one layer. Do you lay it on the bias or stright grain?
    I think this would mostly apply to strip cutters when you are cutting folded fabric.
    What I do is put a piece of painter's tape on the die and run it thru the machine. now you can see exactly where the blades are. Using a ruler and a sharpie marker (use a metallic one for black foam) carefully mark a perpendicular line on the foam near the end of the blades. Do this on the other end too. now when you cut a strip from folded fabric, you know that the fold is perpendicular and your strips will come out straight, not "V" shaped.

I love my Studio and the Rag Dies.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7