Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu quilter and dies >

Accu quilter and dies

Accu quilter and dies

Old 02-17-2011, 04:33 PM

Hi everyone. I am looking at the accu-quilt system. But before I buy one I want to know how everyone that has one like it. I also want to know if there are any other systems I should look at as well. And can the dies from these systems be used with others. I want to make animal, flower, butterfly appliques. TIA
Icee
Old 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM

I bought a go cutter for difficult pieces such as tennessee waltz and apple core, and double wedding ring. Love it!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM

I'm going to watch your post. I have a Cricut Expression which I can plug into my computer (haven't tried it yet) for cutting elaborate appliques - but it isn't good for "speed" cutting. I would love an accu-cut for cutting lots of squares, triangles or whatever for making quilts.

I know the dies are expensive though :(

Originally Posted by Browngirl
Hi everyone. I am looking at the accu-quilt system. But before I buy one I want to know how everyone that has one like it. I also want to know if there are any other systems I should look at as well. And can the dies from these systems be used with others. I want to make animal, flower, butterfly appliques. TIA
Icee
Old 02-17-2011, 04:44 PM

love the Go...only draw back is not being able to have access to all the Studio dies...so I bought a Studio...just rec'd today - Now I have the Go and the Studio...I like how you don't plug it in...and its not connected to a computer. It makes cutting so easy! Love it.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Check out the Sizzix Big Shot or Big Shot Pro - If I had the money I would get the Pro - Same machine just that the Pro has the longer extended bed. Will use dies from any of the manufacturers but the dies they sell for their own machines are generally less expensive than the Accuquilt dies. Their is quite a bit of info on this board if you do a search. I was all ready to purchase when something more important came up. Will have to get one later. Ann in TN
Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 PM

I am going to check on the two you mentioned. Joann's fabric and crafts has the accu quilt on sell for $200 bucks without tax. I have to see and hurry up about it.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM

Did you do a search at the top of the page for the accuquilt?
This subject has been talked about many times. Lots of good information there.

In doing my research what was mentioned was that the handle on the Accuquilt had a reputation of breaking off sometimes and that it was a much lighter piece of equipment. The Sizzix machine is heavier . In reading I couldn't figure out the difference between the regular and the pro so called the manufacturer and asked. She said that the difference was the longer bed on the pro - everything else was the same. You can upgrade to the longer bed later but that it would be about $99.00 to do that. I didn't find that there was that much difference between the two so didn't want to regret not having the longer bed later and will be purchasing that when I make the investment. Ann in TN
Power Poster

I love mine! No, the dies can only be used for the machines they go with....BUT I thought I read you could buy an adapter?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:41 PM

I have the Go and love it, but I want to sell it and get the Big Shot Pro instead.