Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How many are basically lone quilters or have close friends they quilt with?

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    But, they are always wanting me to go to their houses, which I do, but they won't make the drive to me. Not right, I'm telling ya!
    Don't you love that! I have family like that too!

Lone quilter here. Tried to get my sister and neice involved, didn't last too long.

Basically a lone quilter. I do most of my work from 8pm till oh - as late as 2:30am. Not many that keep those same hours! :roll:

I do! I do!!!
    I can't seem to really sew during the day. No clue why.....

I am a loner with the exception of the classes I take at my LQS.
    I have a couple friends that quilt so I can bounce ideas off them and show them things but the actual quilting is done by myself.
    Kendra

Banned
    Since my mom passed away 2 yrs ago. I'm all alone. No friends except on the computer. I mean I have "live" friends here but they all work and have their own lives and excitement to them is buying at Walmart. They don't quite get the idea of making it themselves....... Oh well, I have my 3 furbabies to keep me company

I have quilting friends but we usually go it alone. I did spend three months in my old quilt room with one friend making her grand daughter a quilt and that convinced me I needed more room, Now I have a nice new quilt room that I can't quilt in cause the house is a disaster and I have to get that done before I have no DH either.

I have a quilting Buddy she is the one that taught me how to quilt i caught on very fast cause i already know how to sew i hade my own business for 10 yrs i designed clothes well we get together once a month alternating each others house and we provide lunch at who ever house we have not gotten together in about 3 months she been busy and plus she have a new baby and a family that keep her busy in which i am single so i can do what ever. But i enjoy when we get together this time it is at my house Don't know whats for lunch yet.

I am a lone quilter in that I do all my quilting by myself. Since I have moved and have the time, I joined a guild. Their meetings are once a month and there is also a sewing day the 4th Tuesday of the month. I have not been able to get to the sewing day yet, but hope to make it this month!
    The meetings keep me motivated and I come home all fired up. Then the real world kicks in and I realize that I was just dreaming.

I quilt alone too - mind I prefer it that way as sometimes. I do like to have my quiet time, even though I have been told I border on the line of insanity with my outgoing personality. Who needs friends when your being told that huh. LOL

Tisha

I'm a loner when it comes to quilting and sewing. But I do have several friends who also sew and quilt. We usually meet once a month, eat, talk, eat and show everyone what we're working on. It's great fun!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast