Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Christmas gifts are you making?

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    I was just thinking about how much I have to get done before Christmas, gift wise. I made a list. Here's mine. Let's see yours.

1. Blue and Yellow block swap quilt for my mom
    2. 21 Aprons plus hotpads for various family members and our church ladies group.
    3. 8 quilted book covers for my Bible study group
    4. 3 Wallhangings for family gift exchanges
    5. I was thinking about making fabric Christmas cards this year. If I have time and motivation.

I am making hot pads to give to all the ladies in the my family when we have our big dinner. But a friend of mine - her family gift exchange is neat! Instead of exchanging names or gettingeverybody something they may not need, , they decided the only gifts the adults could exchange would be hand made. My friend made quilts for each of her children. One year she had a local artist paint each of kids a diffrent picture of the home farm. Her son does woodwork and made them all rolling pins! They were beautitful with the diffrent colored woods! This is a very talented family.

The only Christmas gift I am making this year is a NY Yankees quilt for my husband. He found out about it the other day, but what he doesn't know is that I probably won't have it done by Christmas! Ha. the joke will be on him when it isn't under the tree.
    Rose

One or two.

Quilts for boyfriend and father. Dad's easy peasy. A sampler.

BF not so much. I already started (simple but all hand-pieced) his but it turns out he wants something completely different. The current WIP is now my present to me.

Nothing quilty but maybe crocheted.

My list is very small, AND nearly finished.

I completed my Log Cabin that I am giving hubby,
    and I am working on the UFO for the challenge, one binding is on. Three to go. May give this to hubby as well.

That's it for me, unless I decide to make him some place mats.

Three Sunbonnet Sues...one for my mother and each of my sisters. All are pieced and one is almost finished quilting.

A wallhanging for my MIL.....I hope!

Blog Entries
    Gosh... a lot. 3 quilts, 6 aprons, 6 table runners, 6 sets of potholders, a few casserole dish carries, going to try some totes, and a few wallhangings! YIKES!!!! Im scared now that I typed it all out! lol

Blog Entries
    I'm probably the exception: I do not celebrate or acknowledge that *(&^*^ holiday in any way, shape, or form so ....no gifts. Makes life real easy in the fall. hehe.

I don't think I am going to make anything quilty this year. I have shoulder surgery on Nov 6 and won't be able to sew for a least a couple months. I have some UFO's I am desperately trying to finish before then.
    DH will probably have to do the Christmas shopping this year!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast