Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many machines? >

How many machines?

How many machines?

Old 06-17-2011, 02:12 PM

2 but I'm using the backup cause my 1st bit the dust a few months back. saving up to buy its replacement. no money or space for more than 2.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Kris, if you're "insane" with 7 machines, I MUST be stark raving mad with 13 and another one on the way :roll: :lol: :XD: :roll: :lol:
Terryl, You are EXPECTING???? LOL What is it going to be? Do you have a name picked out yet? Can't wait for the DAY to arrive :)
Sharon, you made me laugh out loud here in the salon, all heads turned to look at me!!!!! She's a feather weight, belongs to my grandmother (who will be 100 in July), when I go to celebrate my grandmother's B'day, I will bring her home, her name will be Violet (GM's name). I'm as anxious to get her as I was for DD to be born all those years ago!!!! Maybe more so, no 2AM feedings, no diapers to change, no temper tantrums (hopefully) :roll: :roll:
LOL!!! I burst out laughing too!! Congrats on your FW...I just found mine at an antique mall here last weekend. She's a lady in waiting right now..I put her on layaway, as she was not a "planned" purchase. :shock: Sometimes our little blessings come unexpectedly!! LOL

BTW - I have 8 machines - 7 are vintage, 1 is a new Brother. I LOVE them all!!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by lheartsl
one...... now that is sad i guess...
Would love a embord. machine.. and a surger... ahhh one day...
What are you worried about? I have 3 machines. An older Kenmore that I got for my 18th birthday, new Huskvarna/Viking and a New Home Serger. I can do everything that my heart desires with these machines. You will drive your self crazy wishing for one other machine to add to your collection. Believe me, I will NEVER join the FW crowd. I would probably trip over a FW at a yard sale, because, simply I DO NOT CARE!! Seriously, I do not understand the mentality, nor the vision. Yup; here comes the flack. That is said with a smile and not a smirk.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Kris, if you're "insane" with 7 machines, I MUST be stark raving mad with 13 and another one on the way :roll: :lol: :XD: :roll: :lol:
Terryl, You are EXPECTING???? LOL What is it going to be? Do you have a name picked out yet? Can't wait for the DAY to arrive :)
Sharon, you made me laugh out loud here in the salon, all heads turned to look at me!!!!! She's a feather weight, belongs to my grandmother (who will be 100 in July), when I go to celebrate my grandmother's B'day, I will bring her home, her name will be Violet (GM's name). I'm as anxious to get her as I was for DD to be born all those years ago!!!! Maybe more so, no 2AM feedings, no diapers to change, no temper tantrums (hopefully) :roll: :roll:
LOL!!! I burst out laughing too!! Congrats on your FW...I just found mine at an antique mall here last weekend. She's a lady in waiting right now..I put her on layaway, as she was not a "planned" purchase. :shock: Sometimes our little blessings come unexpectedly!! LOL

BTW - I have 8 machines - 7 are vintage, 1 is a new Brother. I LOVE them all!!
I guess I don't understand your thought process. Apparently you have more money that I do, but I would still like to know the "why" of your toys.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:49 PM

I have 2 and I use them both.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:01 PM

I just have a cheap Singer I bought about 8 years ago when I first started machine quilting in high school. I barely have room for that! I guess its hard for me to imagine how anyone has the room for half a dozen sewing machines when my sewing space is 2'x3' because of the lack of space I do have (most people have closets bigger than that!) When my machine is not in use its wedged into the bottom shelf of the wire rack that houses my gaming systems and TV (the Singer is becoming aquinted with the XBox 360. lol).
Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM

(in a very small italic- like voice) I have 8 and a serger that was given to me. I mostly overcast edges on my computer machine, so the serger is superflous.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:54 PM

I have somewhere around 30 in various stages of refurbing. Unfortunately, most of them are situated such that I can't pull them out and sew with them or they are waiting for me to replace a part or clean them up or refurb the cabinet, etc.

I have five or six which I sew with all the time, even with all these choices. I am thinning out the herd so that I can keep all my machines working. It's not good for them to just sit and look pretty. They like to be working. :)
Old 06-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

I ELna quilter's dream, a Janome gem silver, a vintage Pfaff, a hand crank singer from 1908, a white treadle, a Bernina 830 Record and a Bernina 717.and a Babyloc serger!...that is down from the 18 I used to own..just no room for them all!
I used to have that many because in Alaska I taught kids after school...I don't do that here in OK, so I let them go and bought some nicer vintage machines instead.
Only the Pfaff and treadle are not usable at this time.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:31 PM

I only have a Janome, a Brother, & a Tin Lizzie. wish I had a Bernina.