Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many Quilt Retreats Do You Go To A Year?? >

How Many Quilt Retreats Do You Go To A Year??

How Many Quilt Retreats Do You Go To A Year??

Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 AM

Three - winter, spring and fall! Actually it is this weekend.. Yippie! Spring and fall with friends and winter with my sisters. It is $50.00 for the weekend, one person does the meal planning and grocery shopping and we all take turns cooking.

I am counting the days....three to go! :)
Old 04-03-2011, 05:16 AM
gus

Originally Posted by QuiltingQueen
Three - winter, spring and fall! Actually it is this weekend.. Yippie! Spring and fall with friends and winter with my sisters. It is $50.00 for the weekend, one person does the meal planning and grocery shopping and we all take turns cooking.

I am counting the days....three to go! :)
I go twice a year Feb and Oct with sister and friends met at quilt retreat about 10-12 people. It's in large house and Owner takes care of all the food including snacks,and bedding we go Thursday night(eat before we get there) and leave anytime Sunday and the price just went to125.00 Great deal, and not far to drive.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:26 AM

Quick answer. Nope, none, zilch and nada.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 AM

I attend/hold four retreats a year, Feb., May, Sept., Nov. I hold them for my quilting friends, and they are called "Intown Retreats". We have them from Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to at least 9 p.m. There are normally 15 to 20 of us. Everyone brings some type of food dish, and we sew, visit, laugh, eat, etc. Then, we go home to our own comfy beds, and start again the next day. The room costs us $300 for the four days, and we pay $50 for someone to come in and clean up the room. It normally costs us $7.50 each a day. What a deal, and so much fun!