Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many Quilt Retreats Do You Go To A Year?? >

How Many Quilt Retreats Do You Go To A Year??

How Many Quilt Retreats Do You Go To A Year??

Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
I would really like to go the the Elm Creek Retreat but then they would have to put me in one of the books, and I don't see that happening!! LOL
Could never see the point of spending all that money for travel and hotels and food, when like you said Debbie, look at all the fabric we can buy instead.
It's funny you mention Elm Creek. Jennifer Chiaverini is bringing Project Linus into her next book and she will be there this year. SHould be interesting to read.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:26 PM

Pam, I know what you mean. I have never been able to afford to go to a retreat but would love to. I would love to go on the cruise one too but that's way out of my price range. All I get to do is hear about how much fun they are.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM

NONE! I've never been to one and it's doubtful that I ever will. No airport nearby and too far to drive to most that I hear about.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:05 AM

Nope,never have.Connie in CO
Old 03-14-2011, 06:41 AM

none for me!

i don't like to quilt while on vacation. i spend my vacation enjoying my family and quilt every day while we aren't on holiday.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 AM

I go to at least two a year and sometimes 3. The two that I go to are very reasonable. I will be leaving on Wed. of this week and returning home on Sat. the cost is $65.00. It is held at a church camp and participants take turns furnishing the meal and that really keeps the cost down. We only have brunch and dinner. You are on your own for anything to eat in between. Half the time we are running around to quilt shops so we just pick up something to eat or we bring some lunch meat, cheese, etc.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 AM

two and you could not keep me from them! One is even in the summer and I hate not being home in the garden but for this? yeah, I go.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM

My best friend has a bed and breakfast. Every fall we have a retreat there. It costs nothing. Her husband sleeps at his mom's but he is there all day in the kitchen. He cooks tremendous meals for us and does all the cleaning. Sat. night he and some of the other husbands treat us to a feast. They even dress up to serve us! One of the other ladies hosts a retreat in the summer. This year will be my first time for the summer retreat, although I have been to all 3 of the fall retreats. I wish every one of you could have the experience of lavish love wrapped in a retreat like ours!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM

I attend two quilt retreats a year, one in October and the other in February. The number of attendees ranges from 7-10. We fix our own food and work on whatever we want to. These are ladies I've met through work or quilting and we come from Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma. It is sooo much fun and the cost is around $100. The best money I spend all year.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM

Unfortunately, none. I live them through you all when you go and report back here.
Thanks for 'taking' those of us along who are unable to go.