Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How many retreats do you attend during the year?

How many retreats do you attend during the year?

I am leaving tomorrow for a five days retreat with 4 members of my Bee. I am very fortunate that I get to attend about 4 retreats a year. I really enjoy the fellowship.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth

Blog Entries
    I have never gone to a retreat. Not many in my area and I wouldn't want to go alone, no quilting friends that could/would attend.
    Debbei
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

At least 2 a year. I wasn't sure about going to the first one but sure found it was great fun also relaxing. The fellowship is wonderful.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Blog Entries
    My sisters, mom, and I do our own "retreats" twice a year In Ft Worth. It is a blast!!!!

A friend and I go on a retreat every other year - to Houston to the Quilt Festival - we love it!

None. I don't even know if there are quilting retreats here.

I go to two retreats a year with fellow guild members. Always very productive and fun!

Our guild does a retreat each year, and a LQS down the road hosts two, so that will make three for me this year. I enjoy the excape and the friendships.

I wish I had someone to retreat with, you guys are lucky
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Those who have not been to a retreat and want to go, might adjust their profile to give a hint about where they live so they can be notified or invited to join one in their area. I know the Virginia QBees have tried to arrange gatherings or retreats a couple of times and have had some trouble locating other QBees.

Retreats may be a day long or many days long. Some are full of sewing; some have a few other activities as well. Some are really expensive; others are much more doable cost-wise. Some have instructors brought in; many just have the participants doing their own projects. There's something for everybody in *some* retreat, somewhere!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I am leaving for a retreat in the Smokey Mountains the end of June, this is my third time to go to this particular retreat, we have a blast. You don't have to know anybody to go we all become friends. We stay at a lodge for a week and every body does their own thing, but we have some great quilters who share their knowledge freely.
    granna of 5

Two a year. In Oregon. Love them. You can alone, as soon as you walk in the door, you are surrounded by friends. Better than a day at the spa, you are so relaxed quilting with no home chores.

I've never gone to a retreat, but would love to go to one. I don't belong to a guild, or bee. I'm kind of a lone wolf quilter...up on my mountain top, sewing all day. Is there somewhere on the board where upcoming retreats are posted?

~ Cindy

My guild has two a year that I go to.

For the last two years I went to two retreats each year. It looks like I might only get one retreat this year since I'm going to move and find a job.

We're about mid-way thru packing.

I usually go to 2 retreats, in spring and fall, and thoroughly enjoy them. Family events have kept me from a couple of them recently and I really missed the fun ...
    Also plan some local quilt show weekends with friends, including the big Houston show, but even a day out at a show is good medicine !
    As the old saying goes, if Mama ain't happy ... ain't nobody happy !! Lol

I go to about 2 a year. My bee is 10 ladies.....about 5 of us spend the night and if its close the rest of the ladies might come for the day.

I usually do 2 retreats a year if I can. In October it's a 4 day retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC. Our group has another one there in April, both are such beautiful times of the year in the mountains and I love being able to have some real quilt time with fellow quilters.

Our Guild has an annual retreat, we bring sheets, sewing machines, fabric, and lots of thread. They do the cooking and cleaning. It is at a church retreat center in the woods. I also go to a city retreat house 4 times a year It started out that we would spend the night but now it is only days. we bring a bag lunch and go home whenever ! You get a lot done with ou DH,kids, dogs,mailman, phone, etc. Hugs

I usually attend 2 a year that is run by a member of my guild. To those who say they do not want to go alone, don't hold back. I attend on my own and end up sitting with new people each time. Get to meet new people who like the same thing I like! Great. Also joining a guild or some kind of sewing group will give you more access to retreats that may be going on whether it just be a day or weekend. Don't hold back - there is so much to learn and people to meet.

This year will be 3, In FL, OH and MI. In addition, my groups will be doing a few one day events. I love to sew with my friends.
    Jean in MI

I also have never been to a sewing/quilting retreat but I'm sure it would be a lot of fun! I've been to many Christian women's retreats over the years which I loved and once to a scrapbooking day retreat.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

If you don't want to go to a retreat and be all by your lonesome, many retreats will be glad to help put you in contact with a group that would be happy to have you come with them.

I would love to go on a retreat or trip too, but not alone. maybe we could make our own retreats! maybe even a virtual retreat if there is such a thing!

I went to my first retreat this year (with 2 friends) - and took my first quilting project. I was SO nervous about getting there and having everyone not like me for being so new at this and asking questions. I should've known better! Quilting women are the friendliest women in the world! And they LOVE sharing their ideas and giving quilting advice. I finished my top there and even did a tablerunner top before we left. It was so much fun! The day we left, I felt like Cinderella having to give up her glass slippers and go back to the real world. Too much going on in my personal life right now to attend any this fall (2 grandbabies arriving in the next 3 months). But come next May, watch out! I'll be there!