Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many retreats do you attend during the year? >

How many retreats do you attend during the year?

How many retreats do you attend during the year?

Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 PM

I am leaving for a retreat in the Smokey Mountains the end of June, this is my third time to go to this particular retreat, we have a blast. You don't have to know anybody to go we all become friends. We stay at a lodge for a week and every body does their own thing, but we have some great quilters who share their knowledge freely.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 AM

Two a year. In Oregon. Love them. You can alone, as soon as you walk in the door, you are surrounded by friends. Better than a day at the spa, you are so relaxed quilting with no home chores.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:56 AM

I've never gone to a retreat, but would love to go to one. I don't belong to a guild, or bee. I'm kind of a lone wolf quilter...up on my mountain top, sewing all day. Is there somewhere on the board where upcoming retreats are posted?

~ Cindy
Old 06-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

My guild has two a year that I go to.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:05 AM

For the last two years I went to two retreats each year. It looks like I might only get one retreat this year since I'm going to move and find a job.

We're about mid-way thru packing.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:05 AM

I usually go to 2 retreats, in spring and fall, and thoroughly enjoy them. Family events have kept me from a couple of them recently and I really missed the fun ...
Also plan some local quilt show weekends with friends, including the big Houston show, but even a day out at a show is good medicine !
As the old saying goes, if Mama ain't happy ... ain't nobody happy !! Lol
Old 06-04-2013, 04:23 PM

I go to about 2 a year. My bee is 10 ladies.....about 5 of us spend the night and if its close the rest of the ladies might come for the day.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:32 PM

I usually do 2 retreats a year if I can. In October it's a 4 day retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC. Our group has another one there in April, both are such beautiful times of the year in the mountains and I love being able to have some real quilt time with fellow quilters.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 PM

Our Guild has an annual retreat, we bring sheets, sewing machines, fabric, and lots of thread. They do the cooking and cleaning. It is at a church retreat center in the woods. I also go to a city retreat house 4 times a year It started out that we would spend the night but now it is only days. we bring a bag lunch and go home whenever ! You get a lot done with ou DH,kids, dogs,mailman, phone, etc. Hugs
Old 06-05-2013, 03:40 AM

I usually attend 2 a year that is run by a member of my guild. To those who say they do not want to go alone, don't hold back. I attend on my own and end up sitting with new people each time. Get to meet new people who like the same thing I like! Great. Also joining a guild or some kind of sewing group will give you more access to retreats that may be going on whether it just be a day or weekend. Don't hold back - there is so much to learn and people to meet.