Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many UFO's?

Blog Entries
    How many UFO's do you have? I am a new quilter and already I have five UFO's. I get started on a project, then I see something else I like and start it, or I see something I want to make for someone, or I get bored with the one I am working on and start a new one, or the season changes and so does my mood. The excuses go on and on. Oh what to do. Help!

I have several, working on one now, been quilting it for over a week and I'm about tired of it. time to move on.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    At least 10 :(

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    At least 10 :(

Blog Entries
    I am too embarrassed to tell, but I am working on finishing them.

Had more than I wanted to count until I got a move on and finished Christmas gifts. Now just 2! And one I got a long way on last night. Got used to working on gifts and felt the need to sew something.

EDITED to add: I don't count things I've bought material for, but haven't started. Should I count those? If so, then I'm back to - too many to count! I've bought things on ebay for ... someday ... have some quilt bundles from FabricCafe.com - 3 1-yard bundles with patterns. That sort of thing. But actually cut and waiting for more - still 2.

Um, I'm only 38 yrs old and I realized I have MANY UFOs, as much as 20 years old, that is, older than my kids. I was just hand-piecing a tumbling blocks block I started about 14 years ago, from a sampler quilt I started before that. I do a block here and there... Is it still a UFO if you never plan to finish it? I have sloppy blocks from my first attempts that I hate to toss but won't ever use. Also blocks started with corduroy...with cheap fabric, etc. Then nice projects I'm just creatively stuck on.

Blog Entries
    Just one and it will be done right after Christmas. That does not take into account the hundreds of yards of fabric in my stash. It's not a UFO until it's out of the planning stages, IMO.

I have too many! Not sure I want to count!!

I have about 18 tops waiting to be hand quilted, but currently only one top to finish piecing. I love to hand quilt, but just don't seem to find the time or perhaps inspiration to get them finished. I know I could tie them, but they just don't 'feel' right that way.
    Michele

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast