Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many UFO's?

Blog Entries
    How many UFO's do you have? I am a new quilter and already I have five UFO's. I get started on a project, then I see something else I like and start it, or I see something I want to make for someone, or I get bored with the one I am working on and start a new one, or the season changes and so does my mood. The excuses go on and on. Oh what to do. Help!

I have several, working on one now, been quilting it for over a week and I'm about tired of it. time to move on.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    At least 10 :(

At least 10 :(

Blog Entries
    I am too embarrassed to tell, but I am working on finishing them.

Had more than I wanted to count until I got a move on and finished Christmas gifts. Now just 2! And one I got a long way on last night. Got used to working on gifts and felt the need to sew something.

EDITED to add: I don't count things I've bought material for, but haven't started. Should I count those? If so, then I'm back to - too many to count! I've bought things on ebay for ... someday ... have some quilt bundles from FabricCafe.com - 3 1-yard bundles with patterns. That sort of thing. But actually cut and waiting for more - still 2.

Um, I'm only 38 yrs old and I realized I have MANY UFOs, as much as 20 years old, that is, older than my kids. I was just hand-piecing a tumbling blocks block I started about 14 years ago, from a sampler quilt I started before that. I do a block here and there... Is it still a UFO if you never plan to finish it? I have sloppy blocks from my first attempts that I hate to toss but won't ever use. Also blocks started with corduroy...with cheap fabric, etc. Then nice projects I'm just creatively stuck on.

Blog Entries
    Just one and it will be done right after Christmas. That does not take into account the hundreds of yards of fabric in my stash. It's not a UFO until it's out of the planning stages, IMO.

I have too many! Not sure I want to count!!

I have about 18 tops waiting to be hand quilted, but currently only one top to finish piecing. I love to hand quilt, but just don't seem to find the time or perhaps inspiration to get them finished. I know I could tie them, but they just don't 'feel' right that way.
    Michele

a regular here
    I have just 1. A quilt as you go. Not sure I like it so I haven't finished it.

too many to count,lol

I have only been quilting for a few years and I am ashamed of the number of ufo's I have... If I get sidetracked or decide I don't like the fabric or the pattern frustrates me too much.. well... in to the box it goes.

I used to quilt with someone I knew. Her and I drifted apart after she began to homeschool ( no time for friends at that point) and now she's moving out of state. Her and I used to quilt together and we cut a few projects to work on together. One of these days I will just work on them myself now :(

But my box has turned in to two boxes. I am pitiful lol.

kbs
    You should not worry about this, it is normal, and you will fit right in.

S D G - I turned my little orphan quilt-as-you-go into a table runner. Made me so happy to find a new life for the poor thing. Didn't like anything about it, but it's a great little runner - well, it's more of a square and is a bit large, but I'm sticking with it!

I'm not counting, but it's over 20

What does UFO stand for? I;m new on here. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    Just one and it will be done right after Christmas. That does not take into account the hundreds of yards of fabric in my stash. It's not a UFO until it's out of the planning stages, IMO.
    Exactly. You can pick out the fabrics, set them aside, etc., but until you take the pattern and make that first cut, it's not a UFO. How can it be unfinished if it was never started? :-P Also, if you don't ever count them, you don't have to concern yourself with them. :shock:

Oh my goodness where do I start...

I have two containers of quilt tops (with backing and binding) waiting to be quilted - some will never be quilted in my lifetime, they are at the bottom.

I have a huge basket of orphan blocks, quilt tops half finished, block swaps, etc etc... and it is full :(

I have a huge amount of quilt tops in various stages of completion, some just wanting borders.

I have so many quilts already cut out ready to go...to numerous to count, some to be hand pieced, others ready for machine piecing.

And it has just taken me an hour to go through the completed quilts laying on a spare bed so I could find a specific one I wanted to give as a gift, there would have to be over 150 quilts, wallhangings and tablerunners.

I so envy those quilters who start one project and follow it right through to the end before they start another....just how do you do it as I have no willpower to do that whatsoever - I just am having so much fun on my quilting journey.

I probably have 20 UFOs in my quilt studio. I have listed them and check them off as I complete them....and I am getting better at starting and finishing projects...but I'm sure my problem is that I get bored so easily.

A UFO is an unfinished project :D
    We collectively probably have hundreds or maybe thousands!! lol

About 5 years ago I started a Christmas lap quilt. It's been pinned and ready to quilt. Every year I dig it out and swear I'll finish it this year. Well....it's still pinned and ready to quilt but NOT quilted. It's draped over a chair in the sunroom with the sides folded under so no one notices the batting hanging out. Too cold to sit out there so hopefully no one notices the pins as they go by. After Christmas I can't make myself work on it. There's always next year LOL.

Haven't counted...but my guess would be at least 30...and that probably is a low estimate....there are probably some I never will finish...I plan on going through the stack(s) this winter and weed out those and donate to charity quilts (like Project Linus)...they will be happy to get them, and I won't have so many unfinished projects sitting around.

lol...I don't think I really want to know how many I actually have...but it's alot. :)

I have 2 that I can think of off the top of my head. If I went digging I'm sure I'd find a few more.... ;)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast