Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How to stop the slide of the foot pedal??Ideas?

I'm about to get out my hot glue gun and zap the bottom of my foot pedal to keep it from sliding all over! I have tried that rubber stuff you can set wet dishes on...and, it doesn't stop it. I think it is the angle I actually push the pedal with(not sure) and the little boxes I have seen for over $20 at Clotilde look like they actually raise up the pedal-higher then it is now. What do you do??! My toes are tired of searching as I sit in position and ready to put on the gas...and, where's the darn foot pedal?!LOL Skeat

I got those little thingies that are used to to set glass table tops on. I got the idea from our television stand, the top is glass and it sits on little rubbery thingies on the base of the stand.

I bought some and put two on my machine foot and it doesn't move now. :) Sorry, I don't know what they are called, so they are 'thingies' to me. LOL

Hot glue gun sounds like a solution to me!!LOL

I have carpet, so I put a little piece of Velcro down, the rough side.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
    I got those little thingies that are used to to set glass table tops on. I got the idea from our television stand, the top is glass and it sits on little rubbery thingies on the base of the stand.

I bought some and put two on my machine foot and it doesn't move now. :) Sorry, I don't know what they are called, so they are 'thingies' to me. LOL
    I will go to the hardware store and ask for 'thingies'LOL That sounds like a good idea...not having glass (they don't trust me!)I would have never thought of that....Thanks! SKeat

Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie
    I have carpet, so I put a little piece of Velcro down, the rough side.
    I'm on concrete...that is part of the problem...what a great idea you have though! Thanks for sharing..Skeat...who is enjoying all ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Hot glue gun sounds like a solution to me!!LOL
    Just wasn't sure it would actually stay put:)LOL

Blog Entries
    What about those things you put on the bottom of your tub so you don't slip in the bath ? Put that on the bottom of the pedal ? Just a thought since you are on cement.
    Sharon

I use the fabric that you put on the feet of baby's pyjamas so that they don't slip. It works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith
    I use the fabric that you put on the feet of baby's pyjamas so that they don't slip. It works great for me.
    How do you get it to stick to the metal underside of the petal?Thanks for another great idea! Skeat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast