Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to stop the slide of the foot pedal??Ideas?

i use that rubber stuff that goes in cabinets. works like a charm! just put that on the floor, and the foot on top and it doesn't move.

How about double sided sticky tape? You could tape a little strip of wood or plastic to the floor and let the pedal run up to it. At first I thought constuction adhesive, but that might be a little hard to remove if you needed to move the little stop strip!! Or the adhesive velcro..stick one side to the floor and the other to the pedal?? If you're really a lead foot, stick several pieces down :lol: :lol:

If your table is against the wall, put a piece of plywood or even a book against the wall but lying on the floor to run the front edge of your pedal up to.

Quote Originally Posted by mommaB
    How about double sided sticky tape? You could tape a little strip of wood or plastic to the floor and let the pedal run up to it. At first I thought constuction adhesive, but that might be a little hard to remove if you needed to move the little stop strip!! Or the adhesive velcro..stick one side to the floor and the other to the pedal?? If you're really a lead foot, stick several pieces down :lol: :lol:

If your table is against the wall, put a piece of plywood or even a book against the wall but lying on the floor to run the front edge of your pedal up to.
    That! is a clever solution! Good job!
    I knew I was a woman fully growed a couple of weeks ago, when I had to go buy some of that double sided carpet tape. My mom has even used that with throw rugs on carpet, and by golly! That stuff HOLDS!
    ANd, the googone would remove it if you ever needed to ...
    ANd, the rest of your post is excellent. Thank you!

Hi Skeat
    I have an older machine, but under the cabinet, there is a hook and guides that will allow me to put the fedal into the slide and use my knee to run the machine. If I get tired, I can change it back, on a mouse pad, but the knee works well once you get used to it.

Pam in WV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2