Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HOW WOULD YOU QUILT THIS

What about ornate hearts that meet end to end in each white section? I'd match the threads to the fabric.

Try drawing a pattern on Glad press and seal and lay on top of the quilt to see if it works before you mark it.

Blog Entries
    Think curves. everything is linear. take time and look through quilting design books or design something yourself. Good Luck.
    I did free hand quilting and curved quilting before When I designed the
    the curved quilting design I used an air dry pen.
    ceegee

I would find a nice curvy stencil and do some hand quilting with burgundy thread in the white sections.

Cheers
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    It sdounds great but look at your design first and make sure you like it before you start sewing. I just had a thought, (amazing) try to trace about 4 blocks square on tracing paper and pencil in your design with the same color. and then see if you like it.

I often find this a problem myself!! I like to use 2 in wide paper tape and make a large X from corner to corner of the quilt. Quilt all sides of this and move the tape 2 in either side of the first lines until all quiting is done!

Karen (Love2Quilt) Where did you find the Suede? I have several quilting projects that call for suede and haven't been able to find it. Tried felt, but it just doesn't work. Cecelia

I got really lucky. A leather tanner in town was closing and was selling hudge bags full of leather and suede scraps for 1.00 a bag. The bags were as big if not bigger then green garbage bags. I actually pieced patched a leather coat, and still have half a bag full.
    Karen

That is one really beautiful top!!!

Dear Karen, Thank you for such a quick reply. Lucky you with such a find. I only need small amounts and was hoping for a Quilt Shop that sold suede for embellishment. Years ago "Sewing with Nancy" did sell several colors of suede in a package. I"m going to try her catalog answering number in the a.m. Thanks again. (If you get two answers - I tried earlier, but lost it somehow. I'm not much good on this computer. That was a beautiful quilt. Cecelia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast