Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hubby upped the $$ for long arm, and now I'm more afraid to buy ?? >

Hubby upped the $$ for long arm, and now I'm more afraid to buy ??

Hubby upped the $$ for long arm, and now I'm more afraid to buy ??

Old 03-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

I am so happy you tried the Innova. I knew you would like it.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:20 PM

If we all improve as much as you, Feline Fanatic, we will all make beautiful quilts. Thank you so much.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
If any way possible go for the 12 foot table, even if you don't need it just for the resale already, and yes the 26 inch opening is perfect. Many people sold their Gammil to go to Innova and a good number of Gammil dealers switched to Innova. If you are not familiar with Innova you might want to give it a look before buying another brand.
I know a quilt dealer in Burlington, nj switched from Gammill to Innova. I am planning on taking a beginners class with her and then I can rent time there. Initially, I plan on using the longarm to baste my tops but, who knows, I may love it and want to do more. Have you looked into renting time on a longarm to see if you like it?
Old 03-23-2016, 04:57 PM

Holy Cow, FelineFanatic, that's awesome!! Do you quilt professionally, or just for yourself?

I have an old Singer 201, stretched to 18". It frustrates me. I decided in January to make it a priority to get a "real" longarm by the end of this year. I'm taking a "beginner and prospective owner" class on Saturday, can't wait!!
Old 03-23-2016, 10:13 PM

I say go for it. You already love quilting & have had experience with pantos. I'm sure there is a big learning curve but it just takes practice. Maybe go to some classes too. Good luck with your decision
Old 03-24-2016, 02:28 PM

You are so lucky, he really wants you to be happy. Maybe he thinks you could make money at that too, someday.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:13 PM

Congrats! and thank you Feline Fanatic for your pictures--even though I've had my Gammill for almost 3 yrs now, getting both knees replaced during that time (and being off the machine for about 8 months total due to that) makes me feel like such a fumble fingers sometimes! you are right--practice, practice,practice makes such a difference!

One thing I've learned is that it's OK to mark a quilt (Mostly now it's just registration lines)--something that I didn't think I should have to do and did take the time to do when I first started.