Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husbands >

Husbands

Husbands

Old 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM

I'm not married, been there, done that. I have 4 machines and just bought a 5th over the weekend at a thrift store....amazingly, I don't have to explain myself to a husband, HOWEVER, I have a daughter that just doesn't understand.....SHE is the one that doesn't even own a needle and thread ! I have another daughter that is a quilter and I think she might have 5 or 6 machines........
Old 08-17-2011, 07:24 AM

Just found this thread. Too funny.

I am one of the blessed ones - my DH does get it and is sorry I cannot afford to buy more machines (I have my Janome 6600, a 99 that does not work). He knows how much I want a FW from the year I was born (55), a 222K, a white one plus a good working treadle for those times the power goes out (often in winter) and for the methodical, meditating, and joy of using of using one.

My DH's hobbies are reading and computer games plus the most important - he is there for his family and gives freely of his time to others. He's a gem.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

Mine is all guy but he is the one that has bought all my sewing machines for me. I have probably about 17 now and I doubt it is the end of it. He also enables and encourages me to buy fabric. He also built me an awesome studio for quilting and hanging out.

My guy is a wood worker and is also into collecting the vintage sewing machines for me.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Smile

As a 62 y.o. male, who has sewed as a teenager, jealous of my sisters sewing projects and have always needed to be able to make ANYTHING I wanted; used to use my grandmother's Pfaff 323 for sails, leather, car covers, misc clothing repairs until the x-wife traded it in on a new Singer twenty-five years ago; was without for 19 years until recently borrowing a friends FW 221 for ultralight backpacking things, and now looking for my own used machine to sew the full range from heavy duty canvas and strapping to silnylon ultralight tents,... web searching about used machines lead me to your web site... you are all cracking me up!

You mean I need more than ONE ? ? ?

I have 47 types of every construction tool there is. Why can't I have just one sewing machine to do it all?

Do you think a used Pfaff 1171 will do it for me?

But REALLY... I wish I had a woman for this!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 PM

When someone comments on my machines I say, "He understands. He has more than one saw." Got a new 99 tonight. He was excited too.

Last edited by MaryLane; 01-09-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM

I'd be willing to bet if you looked in his tool chest you'd find more than one screwdriver - (giggle)
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 PM

Default More than one machine

Timm, you crack me up!!!!! Let's see, I think I have 11 machines now. 3 of them are sergers, and one of those hubby picked out for me. Just got my grandmother's pfaff 130 rewired and it sews like a gem. For years I sewed with my Elna Su Air Electronic until it bit the dust. That lead to my having multiple machines now, cause I sure didn't like not having one around to sew with! And, yes they do different things. The pfaff 130 is good for a sewing lots of things, but I can't do with it what I do with my embroidery machine or my serger. That doesn't mean I dont' need the pfaff.... Likely I will use the pfaff mostly as a backup machine to my Bernina 830 record, which I purchased after my first Elna died.

Love all my machines and don't really want to give up any of them!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM

I ask my husband once why he needed a 5th fishing rod. He says nothing about my 3 machines. LOL