Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I was brave and went to Joanns

I needed a couple yards of fleece to finish out a rag quilt. I really didn't want to go and brave the crowd, but I did. Low and behold it wasn't horrible. I picked up some fleece an some flannel and some other notions I was running low on. I got into the cutting line that was about 10-15 people deep. Another gal from another area came and got me and took me to another cutting area. I was in and out within 45 minutes and saved $85.00 and only spent $32.00. I was rather happy, even called DH to meet me for lunch!

Blog Entries
    WOW!! That was a very profitable trip :D:D:D

Wow, great deal!

What a great Black Friday shopping trip.

Blog Entries
    I braved it too. I wasn't as lucky to get in and out that quick though. I got quite a bit of flannel and fleece, plus a few odds and ends (notions). My MIL and I spent $150 and saved $227. We waited about 2 hours from the time we walked in the door to the time we left. Not too bad considering the place was pretty crowded.

I went to JoAnn also. Was there at 5:15am standing in line at the door. They opened about 8 minutes early.Hubby was with me and we both got a pair of free scissors. Then I bought 56 yards of flannel and only paid 58 dollars!!! We were out in 25 minutes time. I do this every year because I back all my quilts with flannel.

everyone has saved so much money and had such sucess! I may try and go next year. I am so happy for everyone.

Sounds like a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnejean
    I went to JoAnn also. Was there at 5:15am standing in line at the door. They opened about 8 minutes early.Hubby was with me and we both got a pair of free scissors. Then I bought 56 yards of flannel and only paid 58 dollars!!! We were out in 25 minutes time. I do this every year because I back all my quilts with flannel.
    Wow, now that is planning and to have your husband join you!! double wow. what a great buy!!

You are very luck to have places like Joanns, and such fantastic sale bargains. Over here in Uk, we have nothing like that at all. We can occasionally get a bargain. We do have a store that sells by the weight, but the choice of quilting fabric is very lmited.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast