Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe I made such a Rookie mistake!

Blog Entries
    OK I made this resolution to get bindings on all the finished quilts. Four quilts that need binding. I made all the bindings as I finished the tops. First one I do, the binding is about 15 inches short!!!!! I'm freaking out!! I gave the extra fabric away!! My only hope is that my daughter is the one who has the extra fabric and hasn't used it yet. I made this quilt last spring and it took my LA quilter 6 months to get it back to me; so there's no hope of getting more from the LQS. New resolution "Add extra, extra inches to measurment for binding!!!

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    OH ! so very sorry ! I do hope you find the fabric !

Quote Originally Posted by joyce888
    OK I made this resolution to get bindings on all the finished quilts. Four quilts that need binding. I made all the bindings as I finished the tops. First one I do, the binding is about 15 inches short!!!!! I'm freaking out!! I gave the extra fabric away!! My only hope is that my daughter is the one who has the extra fabric and hasn't used it yet. I made this quilt last spring and it took my LA quilter 6 months to get it back to me; so there's no hope of getting more from the LQS. New resolution "Add extra, extra inches to measurment for binding!!!
    Do you mean you've sewn the binding on already and came up short? Or that you measured and it's short? If it's not sewn on, perhaps you can do a patchwork binding, using the fabric you meant to use all along plus scraps here and there of other fabrics from the quilt. Depending on the quilt style, it could be more beautiful than just using the original fabric.

You could always post a looking for picture on the board and we can all check to see if we have it. Sounds as though the fabric is pretty recent so there's a good chance!

make that last 15" a different color and sign that part. in other words, make that your label. just embroider or write with a pigma whatever you usually do, name, year, place. i think it will appear to be deliberate.

Blog Entries
    Yes I was sewing it on and didn't know it was too short. I thought I'd be ahead if I made my bindings as soon as I finish the tops. So this one has been waiting for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    make that last 15" a different color and sign that part. in other words, make that your label. just embroider or write with a pigma whatever you usually do, name, year, place. i think it will appear to be deliberate.
    What a great idea!! I've learned so much on this site from clever quilters like you!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Check out ebay and see if you can find it there. And good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by joyce888
    Just reinforces my motto - "never throw scraps away" The one with the most scraps when they die wins!!! I hope your daughter still has it. If not, I really like Butterflywing's idea!

Blog Entries
    Crisis averted!!! My daughter just returned my call and she has my fabric!!! I will never scold her again for not doing something with the fabric she gets from me. Great - maybe I can use her house for storage of extra fabric...Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast