Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't mean to offend, but..... >

I don't mean to offend, but.....

I don't mean to offend, but.....

Old 11-17-2010, 06:13 AM

I'm not a big purse person but I really like the bow tucks. I was trying to find something I could use to carry around a book and such to work and in general when I wasn't going to class and I couldn't really find a purse that wasn't uber pricey, weird sized, weird looking etc (for me) but I like the fabric on my bow tuck and I don't even try to coordinate what I wear with it....but that's just me :)
Old 11-17-2010, 06:33 AM

I too am like you guys, I think they are pretty and love the talent, but I look at them and I am overwhelmed with the detail and yes the talent it takes to make them. I have more trouble with a straight seam in my quilting, there is no way I am ever going to try making one. And I am such a plain Jane, would never carry one, but am in such awe of you that do make them. Any thing sewing just is a wow. So yes I am proud of you all and your talent, but its just not for me either. I am envious tho. Keep up the good work.

R
Old 11-17-2010, 06:35 AM

That is what makes this such a wonderful forum...so many different ideas! There is something for everyone. Lots of people are not interested in making quilts, but love the idea of making smaller things. I love it all, but that is just me.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.
Haven't made one yet but I have the pattern! Now I think I like the Mini Tucks size even better - need to get that one! I like to make totes & bags for a quick project - it's DONE and you can enjoy it, or give as a gift. Quilts are my 1st love but smaller projects are fun to do for a change
Old 11-17-2010, 06:46 AM

I think they are so cute, but I just don't see them being practical to actually use. I know that comments say they are easy, but I think it would be hard for me. I've never tried one and probably won't. I do have a quilted bag that a friend made for me after I finished my first quilt. It is just a 'plain' quilted bag made with the log cabin pattern and my name embroidered in the center block. I use it to carry my quilt for show and tell. - Cynthia
Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 AM

It is a good thig that everyone does not like the same things in life. I do not find this offensive at all but, I must say I am seeing posters on here I do not recognize so at least it got a good conversation going. I like the bow tucks and will someday make some. My daughters would love them.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:05 AM

Hi! I am also a knitter and the inside pockets are great! Can't wait to make one and am thinking of making them for Christmas presents out of my "stash".
Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.
And I thought I was the only one. They're cute but they just aren't me.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:17 AM

I am not a overly big "purse person"(yes I do carry one, but usually my combo checkbook wallet goes with me and the rest stays behind) but I "Absolutely LOVE" seeing all the different designs, fabrics, quilting and all, of not only the Bow Tucks and other purses/bags but all of the different things this board brings to share. I THANK YOU ALL for Sharing the things you like and don't both. Someday I will get up my courage to attempt a purse/bag again. (they always confuse me with their directions, kind of like making clothes did)
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 AM

I can't imagine functioning on a license with a couple bucks wrapped around it in my pocket!! I like to carry everything I MIGHT need in the day! Haha! I like the Bow Tucks because it it so much more personal than a black or brown Stone Mountain - which I have, too. It's like carrying a little quilt with me! I've decided I will NEVER be beige/pearls elegant, so I'm going to try to be "unique" - JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE! :)