Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't mean to offend, but..... >

I don't mean to offend, but.....

I don't mean to offend, but.....

Old 11-17-2010, 05:15 AM

I am just not interested in bow tuck bags it's to bulky to tote around. I have arthrites in both sholders and carrying a large tote bothers my sholders and neck I can't carry much weight for any lenth of time. I am not very fussy how my colors match when I go shopping. I will just stick with my good old small purse.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 AM

Same here. I'll stick with my quilts. Personally I don't see how fabric can hold up, too large for me anyway. And whats up with all the bright/wild colors, exactly how many outfits are they going to coordinatre with? Thats why purses come in solid browns and blacks, so they go with anything you wear.
But---its personal preference, freedom to make what we want.
Some people propably don't like quilts.
So--we all make what we like and we recognize the workmanship and time we all put into our projects.
Happy quilting/sewing/bow tucking. :thumbup:
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Good question???? I'm not a "purse" person. If I can throw my licence and stuff in my pocket, I am a happy camper. I have one purse, for every occasion.
Personally I use an Altoids box with license, credit card, etc and stuff in my jeans pocket. But I do like the bags I have seen here--you are all sewwwwwwww creative.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 AM

I love looking at any quilting accomplishment. I don't have a bow-tucks purse, but I do have the pattern. As was said before, it's a good thing we all like different items. My main problem is art quilts. I know it takes a lot of time and talent to do them, but they are NOT my thing!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 AM

I like to see what others have done with the Bow Tuck pattern - The mini is the right size for me and easy to make - Sorry you don't care for it, but then some of us like them. No one is going to like everything so no harm done - if you don't care for them just skip that thread.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:55 AM
nab

I guess each to their own. I like to make and use quilted purses. It is a little break from making quilts. Expands ones horizon and some times gets me back in the mood to do more quilts. Especially if I have hit a dry spot and don't know what I want to do next.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Good question???? I'm not a "purse" person. If I can throw my licence and stuff in my pocket, I am a happy camper. I have one purse, for every occasion.
I usually use my high pockets, also known as the valley bank. Funny though, sometimes I even lose things there!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:58 AM

To each his own!!! I'm so surprised that you would post this message!!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by makacy
To each his own!!! I'm so surprised that you would post this message!!
I didn't find the message offensive. It was a question and started a pleasant discussion. I think everyone here brings something valuable to the table, but we all have different tastes and interests. I too have wondered about the Bow-Tuck. Why it seems so much more popular than other bag styles. There are alot of folks here whose tastes differ from my own, but I still love to see what they come up with. Even if the quilt or cute thing is not something I would do, it helps feed my own creativity.

I am disturbed when things are put in a negative light, but I have to say I have seen very little of that in this forum. People tend to encourage each other in a positive way. I look at everything, but only comment on a few. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate what I see.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:05 AM

Now I LOVE purses, have made several. Usually bought totes when I was teaching. Now usually care mid size purse. Some I make. Some I buy. If I buy, price must be under 10.00! Was cleaning out closets and counted purses/totes. Ready...75! Brought several to the quilt meeting for gals to take and leftovers when back to Goodwill! Don't care for the soft side look on purses unless it's small.IMO, bow tuch just has the homemade look and don't want that.
Julie in NM