Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't mean to offend, but..... >

I don't mean to offend, but.....

I don't mean to offend, but.....

Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 AM

For those of you who make the bags - have you ever seen the pattern for making purses from old neck ties? I have one I purchased but am just not clever enough to try it without a pattern. Maybe some suggestions on where to go to look? Thanks everyone
Old 11-17-2010, 04:19 AM

wish someone could show us how to make the vera bradley stuff....now that would interest me!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:20 AM

The bags are very nice and I enjoy seeing what everyone is making. They aren't for me. I couldn't cooridinate if my life depended on it. I am a very simple minded person. I have one durable leather purse that I drag around on my shoulder when I have to. It goes to church, shopping....everywhere I have to have one. It's full to the brim and I can't find anything without dumping it. I'd just as soon stick my money and license in my pocket but I'd forget they were there and wash them. I want a zipper on my bag because shoplifting has become such an art. Maybe I should put my money in my pocket from now on. My pants are getting so tight, I can't even get my hands in there.hehehehe!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 AM

Thanks tucsonquilter! Well said!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 AM

i will not carry a bag that does not close securely. Just lost my Ipod touch using a pet screening bag that I made. So no more open tops for me
Old 11-17-2010, 04:46 AM

I guess you have to be a purse person. They're easy to make and in a short period of time you have a nice gift for someone. And it doesn't take a lot of money for the materials. I still like to make quilts the best, but you can quilt a bow tucks as much as you would like. As for me...I love them.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:46 AM

I like them and to see how many different ways everyone uses their fabrics is quite refreshing. Not everyone likes the same idea, ... everyone doesn't have to make them, right?
Old 11-17-2010, 04:52 AM

I have a few other purses but I have used only a black Stone Mountain for years and years. I am curious though and would love to know more about the above mentioned purses: the miranda bag, Vera Bradley items, the purse made from ties. If anyone know of these I hope that they will enlighten us with instructions, tuts, places to buy, web sites.

Truly thankful.
Connie
Old 11-17-2010, 05:03 AM

Like someone else mentioned I admire them on other people, but I'm not much on changing purses and also like a zipper, but maybe someday I'll try one, when I have more time.
BUT, the BEST thing is this site is not limited to just one thing, there's something for EVERYONE, that's what makes it so cool.
HAPPY QUILTING, WHATEVER IT IS!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Maybe part of the bow tucks attraction is it only takes 7 - 8 hours to make. (Or so I understand from the board.) Some times it's nice to be able to complete a project in a short amount of time. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment.

On a personal level, bow tucks are one of those things I see other ladies carrying and think they're cute but know I would never use it. I don't coordinate. I wish I did, but I just don't. For me, it's jeans with a t-shirt or sweatshirt and the hair is a braid or a pony tail. Bow tucks are too fancy for me.
I have made one, but I agree with all of you. My neighbor saw the one I made and fell in love with it. So I said, "Happy early Birthday." She says she has had many compliments on it, and that she can throw a diaper in and a few necessities and she is ready to go. Personally, I like my black leather bag with all the pockets. I carry the same bag almost all year, sometimes use a lighter colored canvas one for summer. And as far as it "only taking 7 or 8 hours", I can make some really fantastic table runners in that time, or a QFK quilt. Whatever......