Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't mean to offend, but..... >

I don't mean to offend, but.....

I don't mean to offend, but.....

Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM

I've wondered the same thing for some time. BUT I'm in the midst of cleaning out an unused closet..boots and shoes and purses galore!! I'm carrying a different purse every hour or so, and have discovered that it drives me nuts to have to hunt for something all over the darn purse's zippers and snaps. I believe that a Bow Tuck with all those pockets that I could make come up almost to the top and with a top zipper would suit me more than lots of the ones I'm getting rid of tomorrow. I want something I can open up wide and see what is in there, then close safely. Lots of the purses I currently have I have to search in them with a flash light. In the day time. I have some neat leathers and ultra suede that would work up nicely.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

Ramona, you're hilarious!!! Maybe Santa will bring you a flashlight and then you can keep all your purses HAHAHA :D
Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM

I've seen some really cute bow tuck purses, but agree they're not my thing. Then again, I've never been much of a purse person. 90% of the time, I just slide my debit card, license, krogers card, and library card in my back pocket. Then there's no shuffling around trying to find it in my purse - just whip it out and there ya go.

Once upon a time, I even had a wallet.

But I admire those who do make bow tucks. Everyone is different and that's what makes quilting/sewing fun!!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM

I have a bow tuck pattern but have not made it yet....on the "to-do" list. I think they would make great carriers for laptops, quilting supplies if you are going to class, etc. I personally don't change purses with every outfit so I would never make one to match clothing. Just looks like a handy little tote.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM

I agree .. I can not see myself ever making one. I just don't do cute. But then again there I things I make that I an sure others would have no use for.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM

Yes, three of us made one each this summer and it was fun, but must admit that all three of us have given up using them!

They are cute to look at, tho.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM

I'm the same way :)

but I still love looking at the ones others make

Originally Posted by Lori S
I agree .. I can not see myself ever making one. I just don't do cute. But then again there I things I make that I an sure others would have no use for.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 PM

For those of you who just throw your cards in your pocket, you should try the Wonder Wallet by LazyGirl designs. It is all I have carried for years. When one wears out, I just make another one. So easy to carry in a pocket.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ewecansew
For those of you who just throw your cards in your pocket, you should try the Wonder Wallet by LazyGirl designs. It is all I have carried for years. When one wears out, I just make another one. So easy to carry in a pocket.
Or try the little Snap Bags. I posted a tute on them recently. So-o handy!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ewecansew
I keep my important stuff in a little card holder, in my pocket, as well. If I have to carry more, I grab any old tote or grocery sack I have made.