Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally got through to my husband

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries

I finally got through to my husband

For a few years now my husband has been perplexed at the amount of money I spend on quilting and how I just 'give' my quilts away. He's been after me to sell them. I've told him that it is nearly impossible to get your money back from a quilt. I told him I didn't quilt to make money...it's my hobby. He still didn't get it.

Finally it dawned on me. I said " Why don't you sell all the fish you catch? You have spent so much money on rods and reels and gizmos and clothing and gas and a trailer and you have nothing to show for it." He nodded his head and said "Now I understand".

I wish I would have thought of that a few years ago. I finally got through to him!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Good comparison!

Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    ahahaahahahahaha.. Hubby said the same thing about me wanting a long arm. " you could sell the quilt to justify the long arm.. "

My response.. " you have a bass boat why don't you sell you and your boat as a fishing guide?

He could sell his boat and I could probably get TWO long arms from the proceeds.. Sheesh.. Sometimes they need s swift kick in the butt ..

Blog Entries
    DH asked me MANY years ago "just how many sewing machines do you need in a lifetime?" I countered with "how many saws do you need in a lifetime?" Case closed. lol
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    yep, my hubby always asks me what i'm going to do with each quilt i complete.

Blog Entries
    Pretty funny sometimes, the things you have to say to get them to understand. Years ago, when my kids were 1 and 7, the 7 year old came home from school with a science project he had made - a penny inside a blown-up balloon. The 1 year old was interested, so we let him hold it, shake it, and look at it for a minute, then I gave it back to the older child. Not a very appropriate toy for a 1 year old anyway. Well, baby started crying and carrying on, so Hubby took the balloon away from the 7 year old and gave it back to the baby. Now the 7 year old's eyes are welling and Hubby just tells him to hush. I looked at Hubby and said, "What are you doing?" Hubby said, "Well, he wanted it!" I said, "Then you need to go down the street to Pete's house and let him drive your new Jeep around, because he wants it!" He looked at me, then took the balloon and gave it back to the 7 year old. Bill Cosby was right - parents are not interested in justice, they want peace. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    yep, my hubby always asks me what i'm going to do with each quilt i complete.
    Mine does too....it's usually..."can we keep this one?"
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    Inhale deeply through your nose and hold it for a few seconds. Do you smell anything? How about the sweet smell of "Satisfaction"!!! Get him Jeanne!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Bill Cosby was right - parents are not interested in justice, they want peace. Lol.

TOOOO FUNNY!! SO TRUE!!
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

my son asks why i don't sell mine. i explain that selling them would make it a job. i don't want the pressure of "having" to make a quilt. this is my hobby and i do it for fun and relaxation.
    pdcakm alias pat
    If things go wrong, don't go with them. ~Roger Babson

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast