Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need help, please!

An ex-neighbor once showed me how to make a block starting with a square and going around like the log cabin block but using triangles instead of strips for the "logs". There were right and left handed triangles (one corner was a 90 degree and they were long). I think there might have been two or more lengths of triangles. Does the block have a name or does anyone know how to do this? I don't remember how they go together! I didn't keep an example. Tisk, Tisk! :(

could this be a pineapple block?

i just saw this done, this morning on fonns and porter. don't remember what it was called. but you might want to .com them

That one is pretty but that's not it. The triangles are long and skinny. sort of like a pie shape and they formed around the square like the log cabin. You woirked around each side. Maybe it was something she made up-I remember her saying it was a good one for beginning because the corners don't have to match. It sure made a cute baby quilt. Hope I can figure it out!

i also hope you can find it and share with us. sounds very interesting.

I think it might be twisted log cabin, sometimes called twisted square. Here is a link for a patt for a 7" one http://www.geocities.com/quiltiestgirl/twistedsquare.html
    If you google it you'll find heaps more, hope this helps some, all the best with it :D

Shelly-
    I drew it out last night and it looks very much like that. I don't remember going around that many layers but I think it will work.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    2 Doods

That would make a pretty blcok. Kyia

Hi 2Doods:
    I have this block that sounds like what you are talking about. I'll attache a picture. If it's what you were thinking of I can send you the specifics.

Feathers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

lin
    I really like that block Feathers. It would be perfect for a quilt I want to make my son-in-law.

If I'm reading your notes right, the center 4-patch is made from 4 (2") squares and the triangles are cut on the diagonal from rectangles that are 9"x9 3/4", right? Do you start with a partial seam on that first triangle and then finish it when you get around to the other side?

Thanks! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast