Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: I need a new iron

Quote Originally Posted by GirlieWhirlie
    Do you have one you really like? What do you like or dislike about the one you have?
    I have 2 Rowentas that I got because I had to have one to work with while the other was in the shop being repaired. Then I bought a White Steam Generator and had to have that replaced 3 times. Finally I broke down and bought a ConSew Gravity Feed iron and absolutely love it. I have had it now almost 6 years and can count on both hands the number of times that I have had to refill the water tank. It holds 1 and 1/4 gallons of water. I use it all of the time and it has great steam and great pressing power. I did have one problem with it however and that was finding a reliable pressing surface that can take all of the heat and steam. I thought I found it in a couple of Pergo floor strips that I nailed to a board because of the ads that say nothing can destroy Pergo well guess what my ConSew can. WARPED!!! But still usable.

i just uise cheap ones from wal mart use the extra cash for more fabric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savers is a well organized thrift store chain.
    They do have a website but dont know anything about it.
    I live in Phx AZ and they have alot of stores here.
    It is a great place to buy irons cheap and they have a testing station so you can make sure they work.
    Great way to try different brands and find the one you like best.

I have an Olisio, 2 Rowentas, Black & decker, and a Protor Silex (don't ask why so many). I use my Rownetas the most. Thye are good heavy irons. I use only distilled wate as the water here is the pitts. My one Rowenta is about 15-20 years old and have never had a problem.

I bought a black and decker from Walmart and I can't turn the steam off on it and there are things that you can't use steam on. That is one thing to check for when you buy one. I also had one that I took back. It shut itself off and I would chain sew pieces and by the time I was done and back to the iron it had shut off and was cool. Not a good feature in my case. I also found that support with black and decker is not good.
    Lynda

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10