Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need some help with EQ 7, please >

I need some help with EQ 7, please

I need some help with EQ 7, please

Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 AM

Default I need some help with EQ 7, please

I'm trying to draw a block O with EQ7 and have it be appropriately sized to a 12 inch finished block. I've looked for the EQ7 tutorial on here, but I haven't been able to locate it. Could someone show me how to develop this block either paper pieced or otherwise? Thanks in advance for your continued help.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:03 AM

You can start here Sandy for Rhonda's EQ tutorials.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/electric+quilt.html

There is a big learning curve to learn EQ7. My New Years resolution is to go back to the tutorials and really learn how to use my program.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

EQ7 has its on built-in tutorials. They are excellent! I would start with them before looking elsewhere. When you go to the block view, you can set the size of the block at the top. But if you start with a block that is one size, you can always get the instructions for the same block as another size, and you can put it into an EQ7 quilt as any size too. EQ designs always deal with finished sizes, but the cutting instructions add the seam allowance to each piece. Also you can get paper piecing layouts from EQ for any block.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:54 PM

I'm familiar with the program and have actually designed quilts using it. However, with this block-the drawing tool does not end where I need it to end when I am drawing. Then when I try to print the block pattern-it's messed up due to the wonky lines that I've drawn. And there is no block O to change the size in the program. The alphabet that is in the program is not it. darn

I've laid out a pattern for our quilt group to use as a raffle quilt and then asked me if I could draw the block pattern. Sillly me, when will I learn???
Old 11-25-2013, 04:22 PM

Trying to understand what kind of block you are trying to draw. What's wrong with the foundation pieced letter "O" in EQ7 that you feel you can't use it? (03 Foundation Pieced > Alphabet Standard)

There is also an applique "O" under 06 Motifs > Alphabet. And a pieced "O" under 08 > Overlaid > Embellished Alphabet. It has an applique orange on it, but you can delete it from the Patch Draw Layer.

And, has been pointed out, no matter what size you draw in, you can always print it any size you want.

Originally Posted by sandyl View Post
I'm familiar with the program and have actually designed quilts using it. However, with this block-the drawing tool does not end where I need it to end when I am drawing. Then when I try to print the block pattern-it's messed up due to the wonky lines that I've drawn. And there is no block O to change the size in the program. The alphabet that is in the program is not it. darn

I've laid out a pattern for our quilt group to use as a raffle quilt and then asked me if I could draw the block pattern. Sillly me, when will I learn???
Old 11-26-2013, 06:26 AM

Thank you, aj, I found an O that will work, guess I just didn't go far enough into the program to locate one that will work. Thanks for your information-I needed it.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:08 AM

Thanks for Caroline S for sharing the link. Was using the lessons and then couldn't find them anymore. Got EQ7 this spring and haven't used it as much as I would like, think this will be a winter project for me in between my quilting.