Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need some help.....

I need some help.....

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to assemble an on point quilt with sashing? I have done the on point quilt before, but never with the sashing...so...I am a tad chicken... lol I would love to read or see a tutorial on it to ease my brain. I am also using all D9P blocks, rather than the plain blocks..so that makes me a tad nervous alone.. any ideas or help I sure would love it.

Thanks in advance....
    Faye

I don't know of any specifically, try looking up a double irish chain quilt tute. Basically, the same concept. If you have no luck with that, pm me if you like and I can try to help you out with some specifics.

A google search brought this thread.
    How to put blocks on point with sashing,

How to put blocks on point with sashing, another quiltingboard thread might be useful
    OVER THE RAINBOW JANE is the name of my Dear Baby Jane----though it should be poor, neglected & may never ever be finished baby jane!
    http://retrofabulous-retro.blogspot.com

I just had this shown to me at a quilt retreat. She sewed a plain piece of sashing on the bottom of each piece then added a sashing strip with attached cornerstone to the sides. The setting triangles are cut over sized so they can be trimmed down after assembling all the blocks. I laid mine out on my design wall so I could see how to organize the blocks.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter