Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I may have bought the wrong kind of fabric- plz advise...

I think I may have bought the wrong kind of fabric- plz advise...

Just ordered online...
    After I look at this over and over, I think I might have gotten fabric that is going to be "stiff." It looks like hard tablecloth material. Shoot. What do you know about "Bella Moda" fabrics? I don't want my kid's quilt to feel like a tablecloth. Can you tell from looking at this pic?

Name:  il_fullxfull.422987838_8bxj.jpg
Views: 3385
Size:  68.8 KB
    Last edited by Teeler; 02-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeler View Post
    After I look at this over and over, I think I might have gotten fabric that is going to be "stiff." It looks like hard tablecloth material. Shoot. What do you know about "Bella Moda" fabrics? I don't want my kid's quilt to feel like a tablecloth. Can you tell from looking at this pic?

Name:  il_fullxfull.422987838_8bxj.jpg
Views: 3385
Size:  68.8 KB
    No way to know by looking but if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the green might be a linen blend. You're there! Does it FEEL stiff?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I have bough Moda Bella many times and it's just a standard cotton, nice weight. Have you actually received it or just going by the picture?

I actually don't know yet. I just ordered this online.

Don't fret, it's nice quality fabric. 'Bella' is Moda's standard line of 100% cotton solids, and I carried it when I was selling regular yardage in my shop as I preferred it to Kaufman solids.
    Andi R
    http://www.andicraftsquilting.com
    http://andicrafts.wordpress.com
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/1347131/pattern-store
    Proud owner of "Smart Alec" (A-1 with IntelliQuilter) and "Maggie" (the Prodigy)

It is great fabric I use it all the time. I think the look may be due to magnifying the picture to get it larger.

Blog Entries
    I LOVE Mod a Bella solids! They have such a soft silky feel to them. I too prefer them to Kaufman Kona cotton. The picture just makes them look harsh but rest assured you will be pleased with your purchase!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

You will be very happy with the fabric when you receive it. Moda Bella solids is wonderful fabric. It gets softer with washing too.

You'll be fine. Moda Bella has a very nice hand (feel) and it looks 'hard' in that photo because it's so close up. Bella Solids and Kona Solids are both broadcloth. They have 60 threads per inch, so are only slightly coarser than standard quilting cottons which can range from 60-75 threads per inch. Wash it first if you have any doubts at all once you feel it.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

No worries! We carry Moda's Bella in our shop in a few colors. It's terrific stuff!
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast