Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Identify this block? >

Identify this block?

Identify this block?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:16 PM

If I were trying to guide color choices, I'd ask people to look at a color wheel and choose two colors next to each other (analogous) and one directly opposite(complementary). Added to your white, it'd be hard to go wrong.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I see this as a very simple two block quilt. The blocks are smallish, simple and you repeat them as many time as you want to make the size quilt you want.

If you make the squares in the 8 patch block finish at 2", the cut strips will be 2.5" wide. This will give you an 8" (finished in the quilt) block.

If you cut the rectangles for the second block @ 4.5" x 8.5", you will have an 8" (finished in the quilt) block.

10 blocks across and 12 blocks long will give you an 80" x 96" quilt before/without borders.

Made this way, piecing this quilt can be rather brainless, repetitive, and done while watching TV with your hubs.

Jan in VA

Yet again Jan you AMAZE me how you can look at a completed block/quilt and see an easier way of constructing the block. You are so generous with your talents in sharing on this board and I'm a BIG FAN of yours!!!!
Old 10-18-2015, 12:58 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post

Yet again Jan you AMAZE me how you can look at a completed block/quilt and see an easier way of constructing the block. You are so generous with your talents in sharing on this board and I'm a BIG FAN of yours!!!!
I am blushing, truly. Thank you very much for your more than sweet words, Onalee!!
Again I state that perhaps the only reason I can usually find the easiest, cheapest way in energy-time-thought-method is because I am the laziest quilter in the room!

Jan in VA